pH maintenance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR pH maintenance question

Should I maintain pH in the water that I am feeding and runoff water only or I have to maintain root pH nearby optimal? For example the growing medium that I have prepared for seeds has pH of 7.5-8 measured by soil pH meter(one with metal probe). The water I prepared has pH of 5.8. I use tap water which has pH of 7.7 and I adjusted it with pH down. In this case what should I do? Water the medium right away?
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

take some medium and mix with water shake it up then test the water for PH this is a little more accurate, I have a 30 Gallon res ,I mix nutes in a 5 gallon bucket then add to res then top of with plain water ,I maintain Ph in res so I know whats going in ,I will check run off to make sure there are no problems , When you water in coco you have to water to runoff 10 to 20% to make sure the nutes don't build up in root zoneand cause a lock out if this happens then flush with plain water until ph is met
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

oldjarhead100 I watered the medium today. The pH of mix was 6.0~. The runoff water pH was 5.60~ in three out of four. I had one cup in which the pH was bit off at 5.40. What do you think?
      2.5 x 2.5 tent
      Viparspectra PAR600
      4" Fan & Filter
      Coco-Perlite
      GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
      1x Cream Cookies
      1x Pineapple Express
      1x Northern Lights
      1x White Widow

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ojh, is probably hunting, but in coco, you want it between 5.5-6.5, as long as your close, you'll be fine, it ain't got to perfect, imo

• MDR
        MDR commented
        Editing a comment
        You might want to invest in measuring your ppm too. I think this will help heed oldjarhead100 advice. I had to flush my coocoo and reset the ph and ppm. People in here helped me get there and the plants have been great since.

TDS meters do not measure contaminants in your drinking water but can be useful for other insights. Learn more about total dissolved solids in your water.

• herbgrower
        herbgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        D.A.A.S.69 Yeah I am keeping it in range. I got confused with soill metal tip pH meter. Now that I am clear, I am trying to maintain pH in mix and monitor pH in runoff. Does that sound right?
        MDR sure, i'll get that right away. what is the ideal ppm? I am watching closely the grow. I mean it is still yet to begin seedling stage but if I see any variation in plant, I will flush it with balanced water. I lost one plant previously because of many issues. One of them was pH.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X