lighting and sq.footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lighting and sq.footage

hello everyone. i have some questions about a lighting situation that i have created. i have just cut down a nice big pile of blue dream ,my best grow ever.
    my grow done in a 4ft.x30in. space ,for lights i used a mezhi 600 watt led and a 250 watt hps side x side.but now i have expanded my grow area to 4x4 flood and drain.
    so now i am wondering if these two lights will be enough or would i be better off with something like a 600 watt mh/hps. any thoughts..i should also
    mention total draw from the wall is 529 watts.
    Last edited by keepgrowing56; 12-24-2019, 09:22 PM.

Trying to figure how 'much' light is needed to good growth involves knowing relative efficiency at converting watts of electricity into photons of useable light. The led fixture you have uses old tech diodes that are about equal to your HPS light in efficiency. To achieve sufficient PPFD levels in your grow space, I'd use 50 watts/ sq feet of canopy(that's ACTUAL watts used). That's 800 watts total to achieve at least 800PPFD over the entire canopy. Using more efficient light sources like a Quantum Board or the equivalent will produce the same amount of light running at 500 watts. You'll grow monsters.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

gbauto Looks like you’ve got it down to a....a...science 👍

Comment

Generally speaking 30 watts per square will work, 50 watts is better.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Yep looks like plenty of light, just watch height of plant to light. You got this.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X