Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust

I just purchased A second grow tent. They are both 4x4x6.5.
    I have a 6in hurricane exhaust fan.
    Question- Can I exhaust both tents with the one fan or should I get another fan?

Me personally each tent needs it’s own exhaust system. Mainly to keep both as their own individual environment.
    4x4 flower tent
    sour dream
    Blue Diesel
    Trainwreck
    platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
    Green Dream
    Sour Dream
    blue dream
    Freakshow

Comment

These are highly rated, and cheap, cheap, cheap! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Being an old HVAC guy I'd skip these. They made these for decades as an in line booster for your heating and cooling ducts. They don't do enough on their own to help much for our purposes.And of course it costs them very little to add the inline exhaust claims to the packaging but where is the proof?
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I have to say I agree. The duct booster is not even close to enough to exhaust a 4 x 4. Honestly I don't think they would adequately vent any grow tent. You could try a wye with your current fan pulling from outside and use it to draw air through both tents but I'm not sure a single 6" fan would do it. My 6" Vivo fan turned all the way down is still enough to cause a lot of negative pressure so turned all the way up it might be adequate. When I had plans to run 2 tents, for electrical efficiency I was going to get a single 8" or 10" fan with a 6x6x8/10 wye and run 6" duct from the 2 tents into the wye but I decided to run only 1 tent for now so I stepped down to the 6" variable and turn it down.

Comment

A 6” centrifugal fan will only exhaust 1 tent that size. If you want to add another inline fan in series with the first...that might work out. If the tents absolutely need to be in series with 1 fan and 1 duct line attaching them, then I would go with a much larger fan.
            Last edited by Toker1; 12-22-2019, 02:24 PM.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

hey Jointer65 Its possible with one fan/filter as long as they both can handle what your asking them to do. And your piping would have to be the same length from each tent to the fan /filter or you'll have different exhaust pressure in each tent. Here is the system i have now. My tent is approx the same as yours..fan is running at lowest possible settings and it filters the air extremely well. If i turn it up any higher the tent starts to collapse lol..!
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
              Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
              Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X