Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would one COB LED assembly be adequate for three plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would one COB LED assembly be adequate for three plants?

My light is 128 volt (I guess the fans draw 8 watts) and is supposedly the equivalent of a 400 watt light. It's bright as all getout though. I'm hoping to try 7 gallon breathable pots but don't know if there will be enough coverage.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Hi BR2K You will need to know the actual watts of your light not the equivalent watts. Read this about how many watts per plant https://www.growweedeasy.com/led-grow-lights
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

Do you have a link to the light so we can read the details of it?
    Often times, the makers really exaggerate their output, or use terms that imply greater output than what it can actually produce.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

But short answer, a "400watt COB LED" is marginally adequate for a 2x4 with 3 plants, unless the plants were prett small and only took up about the middle 2feet of the tent's width. I'd do at least a pair of those.

I have the Roleadro 400watt COB with the 2 big CREE bulbs in it for half of my veg closet, a 2ft by 4T5 in the other half, and I use a CMH315 in my 2x4 tent for flower.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Originally posted by YYCannabis View Post
        Do you have a link to the light so we can read the details of it?
        Often times, the makers really exaggerate their output, or use terms that imply greater output than what it can actually produce.
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          If you’re doing a 4x2 tent, you might want to get a second light and put them end-to-end. The specs suggest a 2x2 space for that light.
          You would get good light directly below it (at 18inches height), but once your plants start being off to the side a wee bit the PAR value drops dramatically. Two lights would be better for covering the gap.

You know what - YOU GUYS ROCK - ALL A YA!!!

Since I can't begin my adventure, until I receive my seeds and move into my new home, I'm occupying my time planning. Tons o' fun! My goal is to super crop, at the appropriate time and integrate LST. I want to have a relatively short but cola-dense growth. It sounds like my max should at most be two plants.

I haven't decided upon my medium but I may go with a mix of coco, perlite and maybe my local soil. Would 7 gallon containers (grow bags) be overkill?

Comment

YYCannabis abis - I will very likely acquire another of these assemblies, they're chainable up to three.

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can afford to do it right the first time, do it right the first time 😉
            Light = yield

Having 2 or even 3 of those, linked, will probably be perfect for that size of tent. In fact, 3 would give you such a nice, scalable footprint of full spectrum light, that those could be ideal.Use curly CFLs for your babies, and then move them under one of the cobs, and as they get wider and taller, add another, then another, etc. You save a lot in utility bills, effort to cool your grow space,etc when you're not using ALL of your lights on your tiny little seedlings.

But I've been so impressed with the difference in quality with CMH, that I think that, rather than getting 2 more of the same thing, you might consider adding a 315CMH fixture to your arsenal of lights. The quality of finished buds has been far and away better than the my previous blurple and COB grows.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Originally posted by DingusKhan View Post
            Having 2 or even 3 of those, linked, will probably be perfect for that size of tent. In fact, 3 would give you such a nice, scalable footprint of full spectrum light, that those could be ideal.Use curly CFLs for your babies, and then move them under one of the cobs, and as they get wider and taller, add another, then another, etc. You save a lot in utility bills, effort to cool your grow space,etc when you're not using ALL of your lights on your tiny little seedlings.

But I've been so impressed with the difference in quality with CMH, that I think that, rather than getting 2 more of the same thing, you might consider adding a 315CMH fixture to your arsenal of lights. The quality of finished buds has been far and away better than the my previous blurple and COB grows.
            I just went back to GWE and reviewed the "How to grow up to a pound..." I just may very well acquire a CMH/LEC light!

Comment

These will be more expensive upfront but they run at 1/2 the wattage as the one you are currently looking at and they will produce more usable light. 3500k is the spectrum you want for seed to harvest.

Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X