No announcement yet.

Making Feminized Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have Lemon Auto pollen pretty soon folks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200111_190336.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	365317

Here's a shot of the LA nanners with the young colas towering over them.

Name:	20200111_190656.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	365318

The Strawberry Cheesecake looks to be days behind but might just give us some pollen herself.

Name:	20200111_190956.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	365319

Comment

WOW - Very trippy!!!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Pretty damn cool.
        4x4 flower tent
        sour dream
        Blue Diesel
        Trainwreck
        platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
        Green Dream
        Sour Dream
        blue dream
        Freakshow

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

LA 18 hours later. Second pic shows 'em starting to open up. I'll take pics at least twice a day from now on if I can to show the progress of that flower opening.

Name:	20200112_134037.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	365606

Name:	20200112_134128.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	365607

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmm what a lovely bunch of sacks you've made. I'll take 3 feminized please

I've got a bit of a sad update tonight. I found this nanner growing out of the top of a cola on the Strawberry Cheesecake plant. I pinched it out and searched the rest of the plant and thankfully didn't find any more. I can't be sure that it's just stress induced and not genetic so I went ahead and aborted the mission of making pollen with her. I chopped her branch of sacks off, sealed it in a bag and disposed of it. It was a pretty cool mutated branch that I was spraying. Maybe I should have taken a hint and not tried to breed it to begin with.

Nanner on SC cola - REMEMBER TO STAY VIGILANT AND INSPECT YOUR BUDS OFTEN!

Name:	20200113_020746.jpg
Views:	1044
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	365859

Last pic of SC's lady nuts

Name:	20200113_021505.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	365858

Shot of her mutated branch before I cut it off

Name:	20200113_021627.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	365860

The Lemon Auto is still looking great and we should be getting pollen from her soon I'm taking pictures every few hours, I'll update tomorrow when I get another shot in the morning.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              It is my thought that the entire plant is affected by spraying that one bud which is why I do this with a clone,,, and do the whole plant.

This is FASCINATING. Thank you for sharing!!!

Comment

Here are the last couple of days shots of the LA in chronological order.

1/13 at Noon

Name:	20200113_122921.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	366266

1/13 at 9:40 pm

Name:	20200113_214123.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	366267

1/14 at 10:00 am first flower is opening. Gave the branch a tap and got a tiny bit of pollen to spill onto a leaf below.

Name:	20200114_101507.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	366268

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Gorgeous! only 6 to 8 weeks to fresh seed!

@FunkyButtLovin, what strength collodial silver did you use? I see 50 ppm and 240 ppm.
              2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
              2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
              2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
              2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                I used 50 ppm and gave 2-3 pumps on each budsite that I wanted to change. I sprayed them once or twice per day and only sprayed twice on 4-5 of the days. The day that I was sure that the nuts were forming I sprayed one last time for good measure and it worked well.

So do have have pregnant girls yet?

Comment

I think so, I pollinated a bunch of buds on a couple of different Lemon Auto plants and now the pistils are curling in on a lot of them. I'll be pollinating a younger strawberry cheesecake with the same Lemon pollen in a few days, it just started flowering last week. One of the 2 SC plants was too old, the other threw the nanner so I'm waiting on this new girl. I'm trying to decide whether or not to put some Lemon pollen on a Northern Lights auto that I have going now that is just about to start flowering.

Comment

I thought my WW auto was to old, so I didn't, but she did and I got 1 seed from her. It was nice, headbanger over WW gave up widdowbanger.
                  The lemon over SC sounds interesting,, Lemon tart,,,LOL

Comment

Beyond time for an update here but things are going so slowly and I chopped the branch with the male flowers so there wasn't anything to see. I will take pics of the pollinated buds soon, they are just barely showing and you probably wouldn't notice that their pregnant if you didn't know since they just look like slightly more mature areas of the bud as the hairs turn red and shrivel faster once they've been pollinated. On 1/14/20 I self-pollinated the Lemon Auto plant that I used to make the pollen as well as pollinating another Lemon Auto of the same phenotype. 1/15/20 I harvested the limb that had all the pollen sacs, removed majority of the leaves and saved it so I can pollinate a young Strawberry Cheesecake auto that is a week or so. In about 2+ weeks I'll have a Northern Lights auto to pollinate with this same LA pollen.

Anyhow, it's time to introduce the next young lady to get the treatment. This is the Sour Tangie by Garden of Green clone I'm going to use to create the following myriad of feminized crosses for myself and to give away.
                    Sour Tangie S1
                    Sour Tangie x Alaskan Purple
                    Sour Tangie x Blue Dream
                    Sour Tangie x Darth Vader
                    Sour Tangie x White Caramel Cookie
                    Sour Tangie x White Widow

I vegged it under but far away from an HPS to purposely stretch her to make things easier for me in my particular situation, the mother has much better internodal spacing.

Name:	20200115_002745.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	368319

Name:	20200115_002923.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	368320

I plan on giving these away so if anyone is interested in getting any of these please let me know what and how many you'd like. You can post here or by pm within the next 2 weeks or so and I'll mark it down and contact you when they are ready late March approximately . I'm asking ahead of time because I am seeding part of my feminized crop to do this and I do not plan to make too many of any of these unless there is some interest but I'd hate to only make a dozen of something and find out later that a handful of people would like a few. If anyone wants Lemon Auto seeds they will be ready right around Valentine's Day. The Lemon Auto x Strawberry Cheesecake auto & Lemon Auto x Northern Lights auto should be ready early March.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                      LurkingInTheGrass commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Would love to run any seeds by FBL (or anybody that I "know", TBH)

alas, I am in Canada, and expect an immediate pass (which is fine, send them to a good pot 😁 )

Good on you, for intentionally doing it (making seeds)

I made feminized seeds last year by just keeping the bud on really long until she made flowers as a last resort. Then I pollinated one of my girls in flower with the pollen. I'm growing this winter from those seeds and getting all girls, so that's good but I'm also getting a lot of genetic variation. I don't mind that one bit because the experience is worth it, and it's all smokable. The offspring tends to favor one or the other of the parents, not a true cross.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                      FunkyButtLovin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, this is kinda the same and not serious breeding by any stretch of the imagination. I'm already doing it for myself and it's so easy to pollinate a bit more to be able to share with others so I decided to start this thread and do a show and tell so people would be able to see the exact plants being bred and process so it seems a bit less mysterious than just a random dude offering homebred seeds although that is what it is lol. It started with me just wanting to create feminized S1 seeds so I don't have to worry about running out. Then I thought I might as well pollinate a couple of small buds on each of the other plants knowing the crossed offspring could vary wildly and it's almost like mystery seeds but at least we know the parents and have an idea of the possibilities. I also only chose 1 strain to put on all the others rather than reverse more than one strain at a time just in case there is any accidental pollination we still know the pollinator with certainty.

Originally posted by FunkyButtLovin View Post
                    I plan on giving these away so if anyone is interested in getting any of these please let me know what and how many you'd like..
                    I'd be very excited to get an assortment from you. If you can spare about a dozen beans, I'd be stoked.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X