Light leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light leaks

Hey everyone! Just curious if anyone else is growing in the same room as their furnace? If so what do you do about the light from the pilot light? I've had a plant herm on me in my last 3 grows. But the previous 3 went off without any problems. I'm thinking about getting a tent but I really like having the extra space without using one. Also since I use mh and hps, heat would be an issue. I was also thinking about building some sort of light trap I could place in front of the pilot light grate that would still allow enough air flow. The light doesn't face directly and my plants but I imagine it's giving off some sort of reflection that might be messing with things. Any thoughts?

I run into the same issue on my main room. Late afternoon sun shines directly on my intake vent and allows a faint glow from the inlet. I just made a cover/baffle and it solved the issue.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

If it's happened three times, that's no coincidence. Gotta have total darkness.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Yes block the light source, but be careful not to get the whatever to close to the furnace! We dont want to burn the weed that way,,,,

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          I made a box with a couple of baffles inside to build a maze for the light. Before I attached it to the furnace I waited until it had been running for a while and went and felt how hot it got. I was able to touch it with my hand so I don't think the heat will be an issue. I also bought some foil tape to cover the box I build to offer some insulation. Put it on last night and I woke up to my house still standing. So that's good lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X