Pesticides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pesticides

The EPA has approved I believe 13 pesticides for use during all stages of growing hemp. This is not a positive direction in my opinion. It will make it easier for big companies to grow but at what cost? If Vitamin E is a toxin when smoked can you imagine what these pesticides will do!!!
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

That is what is nice about growing your own. You know exactly what's in it.

Comment

That's really concerning! Then when it does start making people sick they will blame the weed for it. Like kingfish said, that's what's nice about growing your own.

Comment

Some good news on that front, Spidermite. The pesticides approved are basically the usual organic biopesticides and conventional pesticides that many growers are using now: Neem Oil, Neem Oil extracts, botanical soaps and bacterial extracts. For example, General Hydroponics Neen Oil is one biopesticide just approved. This is only approved for use on low-THC hemp, which is now Federally legal. The law was passed because it is illegal to use any pesticide -- even these organics -- off-label on commercial crops.Violators can pay hefty fines, have their crops confiscated, or go to jail. On the other hand, pesticide use on higher THC grows is totally unregulated. https://hempindustrydaily.com/epa-ap...mp-production/
        2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
        2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
        2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
        2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

I like heavy metal, just not in my concentrated CBD/THC. Glad to grow my own. My only policy is quality.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

We do not use any pesticides in what we grow. Just seems wrong.
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Corporate Cannabis is always going to be corrup, expoited, and toxic. My humble opinion based on my knowledge of how greedy people always operate.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X