Calling Okies! Will you sign it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling Okies! Will you sign it?

Looks like we are going to try to get recreational on the ballet again. I will be signing the petition, and hoping for a vote of the people.
    But I dont think it will get there or if it does I dont think it will pass (prove me wrong!!). With only 57% for medical, and many of those being against recreational, it's doomed. IMHO, it is way to soon to get it done, many folks are still freaking out that medical passed! And that we can smoke in public,,, just how do you think they will vote?
    Also I have not yet read the bill, it will need to be correct for me to truly be for it.
    So Okies whats your thoughts? And one does not need to be an Okie to comment,,,, bring it on!

Hey Rwise I have a little different take. I think recreational will pass. I'll support the new petition just like I did for the previous attempt at recreational and for the medical. I think recreational would have passed last time had the petition language not been challenged. The powers that be speculated the number of medical patients to be about 40,000 the first year. There's at least three times that many and we are just now at the one year mark. Cannabis is more popular in OK than most want to admit. Just my .02...worth price charged.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

golfnrl The biggest reason, as I see it is, it did not make it last time as they said "we have all we the signatures we need", when in fact they did not. They thought that folks would get out and push it further, instead all of those I was giving rides to sign, light up another and stayed home. I had already signed it, but I was trying to get others registered to voted and there,,, I'll do my part again!
      Last edited by Rwise; 12-19-2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Rwise is correct, organizers reported that they had enough signatures last time when in fact they were still short. I’ll do my part, again!
        4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

I heard a little story that part of the reason Prohibition passes is because the people who were opposed, drinkers, were too drunk, hungover, or simply forgot to vote. True or not, it's a good story.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

I kind of doubt it will so soon after but I was also wrong in my thinking that we would be one of the last to pass medical. Constitutional carry and mmj, it's a great time to be an Okie!

Comment

I looked upon that first vote as an affirmation of common sense. I was shocked it passed !! And I was thrilled !! Then when it came to be an actuality so fast after they screwed around for 4 years getting 6% beer on the shelves I just waited to see if they would mess it up. So I'm betting it won't pass. Prove me wrong again !
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

You know I was thinking about making a thread for us for seed/clone sharing like JDU did for the Oregonians soon if my next batch of cuttings make it for the Clone Along that Woodsman thought up. I have several strains going now and many more in seed form that I would be willing to share. If any of you are interested, shoot me a pm or just post in here if you'd rather and we can get the ball rolling.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I tried to send a PM, I think it went public,,,,

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did reply. I'll send you another one.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Got it, replied

I now a lot of folks from various walks of life, many are devastated by the new law and are trying to overturn it (not going to happen). Many that voted for medical will never vote for recreational ever period.
                The medical is growing faster and larger than I thought it would, sure some have gone under from poor business practices, bad locations, lack of planing,,, like my neighbor, got his first electric bill and turned the lights off, moved the plants outside,, he did not plan to pay $4300.00 for 2 weeks power (industrial pays higher rates)
                Again I dont think it will pass, as others have said please prove me wrong! I hope it at least gets on the ballot,,,

Comment

The best way to legalize pot is through civil disobedience. That's pretty much what happened with Prohibition and is happening with weed. If weed was used by half the people who do, it wouldn't fly. It's taken this many people to cause change. The old heads brought weed through 50ish years of marijuana prohibition. Hell, without Mexican drug cartels we probably wouldn't be where we are. They kept us smoking in the intervening years before homegrown. It's a soft drug, albeit a Schedule I soft drug, compared to the drugs that have come, gone, and made resurgences.
                  I worked at a convenience/beer store across the street from UT Austin. I found out some things interesting. UTA is policed by three law agencies because of it's location. UTA itself has an armed police force because of it's size. And Austin police and highway patrol or sheriff or somebody else. Austin is pretty liberal. Depending on which law department you talk to will depend on the trouble you're going to get in for an ounce(?) of weed. UTA pretty much doesn't give a shit as long as you're not being an asshole about spouting off your constitutionally Gawd given rights to roll a spliff and listen to Marley in the commons. Locals are pretty much the same way. The sheriff or somebody else lets students around campus slide but is apt to give you a hard time otherwise.
                  I admit Rwise , I grew up mostly in Dallas. Don't take this the wrong way. People move to Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and others. Are there a lot of people moving to Oklahoma? Without the ebb and flow of people from different places, your weed laws probably won't change any time soon. Is there a Liberal or Democrat in Oklahoma? You don't have to answer that one.

Speaking of weed...
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6
                  Nutes
                  CalMag

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The job market is good here, just up the road there is a new industrial park, the guy starts a building and has it leased before it is finished. I would say there are folks moving here for a job. (I am not in the job market and do not keep up)
                    Me myself and I are independents, formally dem, because neither D nor R represents me, the tied is changing

I’m another Okie. I do not think this is the right question for recreational in Oklahoma. I am hearing way to many people against because it opens the market to out of state corporations. I personally do not or will not smoke corporate weed, I smoke homegrown my own of course. but will buy an occasional cartridge for a fast hit. I have a friend that is a processor and I know where he buys to process I buy his carts. And it gives city’s the right to outlaw home grows. That’s a big no for me dog.
                  Last edited by Booger789; 12-23-2019, 11:41 PM.
                  4x4 flower tent
                  sour dream
                  Blue Diesel
                  Trainwreck
                  platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
                  Green Dream
                  Sour Dream
                  blue dream
                  Freakshow

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have not read it yet, got a link?
                    By out of state you mean outside money?
                    And I agree we certainly want to grow our own! I too do not trust big business! All they care about is the money!!

• Eliot Pryor
                    Eliot Pryor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd be interested in the name of those carts ?

thats a copy of proposed ballot title and full question. I for one will not be signing
                  and yes this would open Oklahoma’s market place to out of state growers and markets. Thereby killing the local grow market that we have started here because big business will regulate mom and pop out of the market. That’s a big no for me dog.
                  4x4 flower tent
                  sour dream
                  Blue Diesel
                  Trainwreck
                  platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
                  Green Dream
                  Sour Dream
                  blue dream
                  Freakshow

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    section 9 paragraph 8, but that is already in the medical side. When the feds get on board the market is likely to open up.
                    still reading, ya I'm slow,,,

I'll say it is not a well defined proposal with rules to be set sometime in the future.
                  Limits growers even more than medical as all I have to do is not be in public site, and out of reach of children, I own my place and I grant me permission to grow weed!
                  As to amount on hand it seems to say the harvest from 6 plants, which can be a lot of variation, a single plant can give pounds (I did not say it will, mileage varies). Where I can have 8 oz under medical (for smoke)
                  Thanx for the link! Downloaded so I can reread it a few times,,,,

Comment

If the wind is blowing medical, that's how it starts. The current X,Y, Z or whatever younger generations are out there and smoking weed will be the ones to change it when they come of age.
                    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6
                    Nutes
                    CalMag

Comment

It's just a matter of time, keep up the fight for rec.
                      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                      indoor/outdoor grower
                      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X