No announcement yet.

Clone along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone! Did some trimming on my photos and ended up with a few small cuttings. Me and cloning are like oil and water.....i have terrible luck for some reason. Thats how i ended up on this thread..lol, see what im doing wrong. Then i saw the bubble bin pictures..(smoked a Gelato dube)..and went hoarder MacGyver. Here is my homegrown homemade bubble bin! No idea if this is gonna work hahaha.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job homegrown

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice! I can't wait to see how it goes.

So far so good my recently cut clones of GSC & OG are sitting by the woodstove get toasty again. I potted them yesterday had tiny root hairs put them in my indoor soil mix lots of coco peat and perilite with some vermiculite seedling mix. They were cold I think sitting near the window and wanted some heat, they are going along side the Mango clones under t-5 & 54w CFL. I'm going to try and keep these vegged till mid June and up pot as needed. When it is at least 50f overnight temp I will put them in my outside 3x3x6 porch tent with the 450vipar just blue light and a CFL to add extra heat. I don't have a bloom on that old vipar it burnt out but it's usable for a veg light.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus. Water heater shat on me. From the attic. What dumb muthafucka puts a water-heater in the attic? The one I bought a building from.

Here's a very delayed, minimally detailed review of my cloning results from starting a ridiculous number of clones starting New Year's, just because of this thread and MrFurley's solo grow.

I cut a bunch of Mango, Holy Grail Kush, and Girl Scout Cookies, dipped them in to the end of an aloe leaf with a sprinkle of Miracle Grow Fastroot powder on the end, and poked them in to Earth Plugs and Jiffy pellets which I stuffed into the little holes of aa Rapid Rooter tray on a seedling warming mat, with tap water in the bottom to keep them wet.

And I mean soaked, dripping wet. None of this "moist, almost dry" shit. I mean they were sitting in a little bit of standing water. I kept the humidity dome on, and didn't have to spray anything since the heat mat set to 81F kept the dome pretty steamy. Got roots sticking out of Earth Roothers in about 8-10 days.

I also followed one of alltatups hacks and turned some Earth Plugs upside down, and set them in a Costco Rotisserie Tray on a seedling heating mat visible roots in about 8-10 days.

Strains seems to matter: mango and girls scout cookies clone like tribbles.

More later. hammer time.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Home made bubble bin update.....4 days in....no roots yet. Everybody is still upright and sturdy looking . i only mist the plants once a day now..should i mist more often?
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          They look great! I only mist mine the 1st 2 days & from then on only if they droop. The humidity of the dome is enough & they'll work harder to grow roots.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I say it's a delicate operation of getting enough water into the plug to get roots to come down and spread without over-watering.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah those plugs look like they could be a pain in the ass.

i just monster cropped my legal canadian bagseed from quebec (the pink one) at 9+ week of flower.

i have a gallon jug cut lengthwise and just the cap open as a humidity dome and its in some rockwool at around 70F.

if it roots i'll take some pics.. i didnt snip the leaf tips and they drooped pretty hard. it's on 20/4 now but i heard always on schedule snaps them out of flower quicker.. i just figured a bit of down time cant hurt tho.

hope it does root.. genetics look pretty incredible.
        ​​​​

Comment

I'm going to cut some more Girl Scout Cookies and OG Kush again I've got 2ea of the strains now in clone but I want more to give away so giving plants a rest before I snip again. Then flip them to flower in 2-3wks depends how much my autos have filled out. Still not impressed with how I grow these autos they are so small for me.

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey nice! Can I get one of those OG cuts? I've got one from my seedling, too. Kinda slow grower, still. I've got something for you too. Are you free Sat?

Ok not a real good pic, MD clones went to soil yesterday

Comment

Funny just took some clones a few days ago from a CBD Crew Spliff Berry just in case it turns out to be a great low THC strain (7%/7%). I did this over the summer and had 100% success rate using cloning gel/powder, and rapid rooters. But, the summer is more humid and hot here so that may have helped. This time I put them on plates on a heating mat, with cut open water jugs over them. It's not really airtight but hoping at least a few take root.
            2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
            6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
            Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
            260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

ahhh! my monster cropped cutting is starting to turn yellow.. its day 3 and the humidity dome is off with it still perky since this morning.. but the leaves are fading in colour, first noticed in the morning and slowly worsening now.

i had 100w LED on it at a decent 3ft or so above.. but read that its probably failing to take nutrients via root so early so its taking from the leaf instead since the brighter light isnt working for it. i have since decreased to 20w of LED 4 ft above.

watering twice a day to keep rockwool wet.

is there anything i can do or is it a race to new growth and proper roots vs consuming the leaf and having nothing left.
              Last edited by wibe; 02-05-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• wibe
                wibe commented
                Editing a comment
                obviously put the dome back on though i hope its not related to humidity..

every bit helps though to nurture it back.. i nudged it trying to balance a temp probe in the mouth of the makeshift dome and think maybe it disturbed the new roots.

DingusKhan I sent you a PM. I just today took 2more GS cookie cuts, OG Kush is next but she's sad so waiting another day will take 2 more.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

So I tried a bunch of tiny cuttings & cut the node off the bottoms just to see..... idk if it's the lack of a node or how thin the stems are but these things are WILTY!!!! The ones in the butter tub are 4 or 5 days old- the ones in the domes are 2. They still wilt after only an hour with the dome off & take forever to recover.

Yeah.... I'm thinkin leave a node at the bottom & the bigger the better.

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love sativas. I will go through an OZ of Sativa or Sativa dom hybrid to a gram of Indica. I would love have a few GSC My brother is a total Indica freak so I wouldn't be against gettin a Kush or 2. I hope so SoOrbudgal because they are the ones I'm bringin y'all this commin wknd lol. Most of mine go from maybe to beautiful at day 4..... These are slow enough that I may bring em to ya in gallon zip locks.
                  Last edited by JDU; 02-05-2020, 08:01 PM.

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have 2 GSC with your name, already on them, yo. And these girls are even more vigorous growers and cloners than Mango, man. I ain't kidding. You also got and OG Kush, and Holy Grail Kush for your couch lock friend.

Oh, and that BigBud seedling you gave me is also pretty hoppin!

I'm sorry I haven't posted pics. It's been a disaster here for about the last month. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lookin forward to meetin y'all 😎
                  I'll have some Nevelle's Haze soon- I got one of 2 of those seeds to pop. (My fault- heat) Idk when I'll run the other 4 Big Bud but I'm glad you're enjoying her. Does anyone want 5 Thai Skunk reg seeds?

I have cut some clones for a "down the road" grow and some potential mothers using the cloning gel method so here goes....

First I hydrate my jiffy pucks and I clean everything to be used with isotopic alcohol a couple hours before starting.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200123_220208.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	373361
                I cut a clone from a mother, remove the lower growth and cut a 45° in the stem
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200126_115805.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	373362
                I then " rough up" about 1 inch all the way around the bottom of the stem with the razor blade.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200126_120818.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.44 MB ID:	373363
                I clip the tips of all the big fan leafs but not the top two sets, most of this leaf will die off While the plant is feeding itself establishing roots.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200126_120823.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	373364
                I roll the bottom of the stem in cloning gel by using a separate container laid on its side to get up the stem..
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200126_115823.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	373365
                clone go in a tray with a heating pad, I check on them daily, some times mist them and let the cubes some what dry out before watering, no direct light.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200127_205642.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	373366 this Series of pictures was taken on January 26th. And this one was February 3rd.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200203_195050.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	373367
                Good luck and happy growing-community.

Last edited by Mr.furley; 02-05-2020, 08:03 PM.
                You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• wibe
                  wibe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i was researching what to do about my clone yellowing yesterday and came across this page which looks very credible https://www.dudegrows.com/much-light-give-clones/

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with Mr.furley on this matter. In my experience, I find my cloning bin or Costco Chicken Cloner like it under a single curly CFL, on top of a heating pad.

The clones under my stronger lights wilt and die, no matter which method I've tried. Too much light drives them to grow, and if the roots are insufficient to support vegetation, the plants will wilt rather than grow.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s about timing. Low light and less water will produce larger roots and foliage in attempt for the plant to gain more of what is missing.
                  With that being said... this technique stresses the plant/clone as well. That’s where timing comes into the equation. Too much stress will lead to wilt-death, but too little available food/water will do the same. The timing is important to optimize the growth rates with out over stressing them. Different plants And strains/phenotypes will require different solutions. How large the clone is to begin with will also be a veritable on what is needed and when it is needed. Just remember lots of light will do nothing for a plant with too small or no roots. Photosynthesis requires the presence of many elements, the interaction of the elements combine with light and water creates the food that the plant needs to thrive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200213_1203188.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	375354

Comment

• wibe
                  wibe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  waiting for 11 days after dipping in root hormone and planting into rockwool.. NO roots. this was the monster crop of a nice pheno bagseed i harvested and unfortunately it did not take.

i had another cutting, taken from the same branch, the tip tho and i left the main flower bud attached.. it dried and i removed it within 48hrs.

this one looked promising for 3 days but then the edges began to yellow and then brown.

possible contributions to the failure, inconsistent humidity dome and did not soak the rockwool at all.. this is in addition to the fact the girl was in week 9 of flower.

pretty sure next attempt will be much more fruitful.

I took these clones on January 27th.

As I take the cuttings I put them in a labeled solo cup with tap water.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	8B1960F7-9AF3-4DBE-AC09-DD93AE05BA91.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.50 MB ID:	375475

I then cut the stem at a 45 degree angle just below a node and dip into clonex gel.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	E67262C7-CA5D-4558-BF00-A069FCEFFFDF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	375476

I then place the cuttings in my aeroponic cloner and filling it with a solution of tap water and Hydroguard pH’d to 5.8. All cuttings are done by strain in rows.

I then place the label from the cups on the cloner to identify which clones are in which rows.​
                Click image for larger version  Name:	D9FD6E50-E918-47B8-BC3D-0BAC6CB7FF17.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.07 MB ID:	375478

Here they are on February 7th after 12 days.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	A9405130-0E85-4677-8815-45F31A84881F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	375479

And here they are today after 18 days.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	ADD87B48-556F-4D4A-8C61-94765D300F9B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.86 MB ID:	375481
                Click image for larger version  Name:	486693BB-6610-49B3-B32A-FD83E6EB343A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	375480
                I like to go right into my net pots with clones like the one above. Running the roots directly into the nutrient solution for a quick start to Veg.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Obi-Wan; 02-13-2020, 09:59 PM.
                Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nice!

I've been seeing some questions lately and I'm about to start cloning again myself so I figured now is a good time to bump this thread.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X