Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice

I was planning to go to flower but this has been postponed due to some issues with yellowing leaves. Ph is always tested at time of water and nutes are given at smaller dose. So I'm at a loss , I dis have white powdery mildew and treated with Growsafe biopesticide and this is the only thing that is out of the ordinary. Any ideas as to what is causing this problem? It is occurring on all plants but sporadic on the location. Thank you in advance
    Attached Files

You might have nute lockout, but you don't provide enough information to be sure:https://www.growweedeasy.com/flushing-sick-cannabis
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Soil grow medium
    fox farm grow big nutes
    2 indoor grow tents
    t5 light in one tent with 3 plants
    2 600w vivaspectra led lights in 2nd tent with 2 plants
    7 gallon fabric pots
    last water was yesterday with calmag solution
    temp avg 70
    humidity is on point

Comment

Thanks, that does help a lot. It might also help in this case to post a REALLY close up of a leaf to check for bugs.

Like with a clip on macro lens or USB microscope.

Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Hey susieqtpie83, have you noticed any tiny bugs buzzing around your plants? I think Fungus Gnats,... er their larvae, can cause some of those leaf issues.... check out plant problems section on the GWE website... just an idea.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
        Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
        Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Looks like ph problem or
          Phosphorus deficiencies cause dark splotches on leaves and can appear at the bottom of the plant on some of the oldest leaves. Learn to spot & fix the issue.
          Space for Rent.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I ended up performing a flush and will wait and see what happens..

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              susie, it's a very important practice. The plants really love the breather and bounce back with a lotta flex! ;-}

Did this start before or after the treatment? Also did you spray your leaves at lights out or with lights on? Sometimes when you spray you can burn the leaves, that happened to me when I sprayed and the lights stayed on. Or what you used was very concentrated.

Comment

• susieqtpie83
              susieqtpie83 commented
              Editing a comment
              It appears the culprit was the treatment. Hopefully the flush works and I just treated leaves with ph water to get any residue off the plants.

How far is your light from the top of plants? Do you have plenty of ventilation? Mr Furley may be right (He's a "Grow Wizard")
            3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
            3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
            Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
            2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
            4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
            6" Oscilatting Fan
            GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
            "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

• susieqtpie83
              susieqtpie83 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes plenty of ventilation and the lights are set properly for the plant height.

I have some suspects. What soil are you using? What amounts of nutes are you using?
            2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
            2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
            2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
            2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• susieqtpie83
              susieqtpie83 commented
              Editing a comment
              Promix soil
              Fox farm grow big at 1 tsp per gallon

Promix for the most part is not soil and most version of it don't have much for nutrients, your plants are starving and need more then just grow big.
            you most likely need to add tiger bloom, big bloom And a calcium magnesium supplement to your grow if you use promix and foxfarm.
            this is why I'm pointing you in the direction of phosphorus.

Once the plant is showing a phosphorus deficiency it has been needing it for upwards of five weeks, yellowing, crispy, upward turning fan leaf are a tell tell sign of a phosphorus deficiency and at this point in the deficiency stage it will also lock out cal/mag.

Your plants will not recover but if you get it to them asap your buds size, density and overall development won't suffer as bad then doing nothing but You most likely will not have a pretty plant and the discoloration and crispy leafs will never fully go away.

susieqtpie83 can you provide pictures of the whole plant in nature light to help nail this down.
            Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-21-2019, 11:31 PM.
            Space for Rent.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X