tested my runoff water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tested my runoff water

hello my friends, so i just got a TDS tester, and tested my runoff water, this watering was just water at 6.56 ph, and the runoff was 7.02ph & 2637PPM. what does that mean?

Your ph sounds like it's right where it needs to be. As for testing your runoff that's a tricky one. I grow mostly in hydro but when I do grow in soil 8 never usually worry about the runoff unless I run into major problems. I test my nutrient solution after mixing so I know what's going in and can figure out what the plants can handle. Are your plants healthy?

Comment

This is soil, right? Your root zone ph is a bit high. Water in at 6.5 and out around 7 means the soil root zone is around 7.5. That’s much too high. I would flush the soil at the lowest range that the soil manufacturer recommends. Once the run off PH equals the water in PH you know your root zone is the same.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• SmashGuitar
        SmashGuitar commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't meam to hijack your thread johnb1963 but i think i am having PH issues also! Everything is turning red! Toker1 so in soil if your run off is 6.5 would mean the root zone is 7?

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to examine the ph going in and compare to the ph coming out. The Run off ph is estimated to be the half way point between the PH going in vs the root zone ph.
        Example 6.5 going in with 7.5 run off = 8.5 ph in the root zone
        And 6.5 run off with 7.5 going in = 5.5 ph in the root zone

thanks guys, what about the PPM, i'm using soil, FFOF, and FF trio for nutes. feeding schedule says 3 tsp/gal, but i'm only using 2. the schedule says the PPM should be between 1750-2100. so if it test higher, does that mean I need to add more water to bring it down? here a what they look like. sprouted Nov. 04

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        If your growing in soil dont worry about ppm, when you flush for ph it should also fix the ppm .next grow test soil before planting you might be using to hot of a soil ,Ive never had to flush soil grown plants

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X