Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok Are you a Sativa, an Indica or both ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Are you a Sativa, an Indica or both ??

Me both..! And you ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Definitely both. I like sativa for the work day and wake and bakes. After work and evenings I dive into my heavy indica strains. Before I started growing I didn't have a clue. I just wanted the strongest i could find. But now I like to customize my buzz throughout the day! I'd love to find a super potent sativa to grow next. Anyone have any suggestions? My favorite so far is silver haze.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Farmbuck, do you know if they ship to Canada?

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm waiting on Zombie Death Fuck seeds. I primarily fell for the name, although I'm reading some promising descriptions...https://homegrowncannabisco.com/zomb...fuck-feminized

I don't know what "EC" levels are and this company recommends hydroponic grows.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi SirSmksAlot I ordered my Ace beans either from Seedsman or from Coffee Shop Seeds, I've ordered some Thai Chi from Ace under Coffee Shop Seeds on Dec 14. , now in transit to Canada. I expected to be here on Monday or on Tuesday. Their shipment so far is faster than Seedsman.
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 12-19-2019, 10:52 AM.

I used to say sativa now I say hybrid. AK-47 by Serious Seeds, Acapulco Gold and Honey B by Barneys Farms are winners every time. I got some Gorilla Glue at a dispensary . Out of 6 strains I have bought it was the only one that was close to what I've grown myself. The rest were just pretty pitiful.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too I have AC from Barney's Farms but it's not the pure AC I used to smoked back in the 70"s but still good !! I grew lately a pure Red Lebanese landrace to make some hash. I would say it's mild compare to some of the hybrids of today. My preference for now is AC, Panama Red, Blueberry and Kali China..

Cheers,

FarmBuck

Isn't the discussion heading towards ripeness of trichomes vs sativa or indica these days? A sativa with a lot of amber can couch lock you just like a indica with a lot of amber. I've read some articles that said the terpene and thc profiles aren't that different. Anybody else read these?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I also feel like the ripeness is probably a bigger part of the equation than simply indica or sativa. Moreso when trying to consider any kind of hybrid and especially when grown from seed as who really knows for sure what traits are in whatever particular pheno you might have. I have also wondered if a big part of it was that sativas take longer to ripen. If so many hadn't been smoking sativas that have been harvested in the same time frame as an indica that would already be ripe instead of waiting the extra 1-2 months, would the line between the indica=couch lock / sativa=head high mentality be so widely accepted?

I no longer have a solid preference for one or the other when picking what new stuff to try from the dispensary based on indica or sativa dominance as it pertains to something like a day/night time smoke, I just give the ones that sound good a shot and unfortunately it seems like only about 1 in 3 or 4 strains is very enjoyable. It's sad that I'm becoming such a snob. I spent a lot of years digging out seeds and stems and bugs and concrete and nuts & bolts and hair and plastic and twine and the list goes on and on but I feel like I get more disappointed now over the Blueberry being weak or the Lemon Haze tasting like crap now than I did back then.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally agree that time of harvest is much more important than Sat. vs Ind. (or NLD [Narrow Leaf Drug] vs. BLD [Broad Leaf Drug]). THC is, after all, THC. So yeah, I've read that in various places. Cannabis harvested in the milky a little amber amber window is what I like: after it's been cured, it's always both cerebral and relaxing. And cerebral.

I like both sativa and indica strains. For daytime Nitro Lemon Haze from MSNL, or as stated above green crack. Out of my friends and family Nitro Lemon Haze is #1 out of all strains.

If you want a strain that will just knock your ass out try Alaskan Thunderfuck. I would not call it a recreational strain as it will put you to sleep and completely incapacitate you.

That being said I wish I could find a strain that is to strong for me. That would be sweet.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

indica dominate for me please.

Comment

The only time I know if I'm using sativa or Indica is if I'm using a landrace strain.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by smoorman View Post
          Isn't the discussion heading towards ripeness of trichomes vs sativa or indica these days? A sativa with a lot of amber can couch lock you just like a indica with a lot of amber. I've read some articles that said the terpene and thc profiles aren't that different. Anybody else read these?
          Leafly has a good article, that I believe has some merit. It basically talks about terpenes and cannabinoids: https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis...cannabis-types

to be honest, I'm still meandering through all the links. Fascinating stuff!

A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Great question !! One of my favorite discussions is strains. I read an article about this https://www.wired.com/story/whats-in...s-strain-name/ that throws the sativa vs indica in a questionable area. Different smokes for different folks. Time of harvest is certainly important as well as drying and curing. But the seed is where it starts. I've had some seeds that produce less than desirable results for me but others swear by them . Aurora Indica comes immediately to mind. I grew 5 of those things . Huge buds glistening with tric's. No High there for me. The one that works for each grower is what you go with. Another discussion I would like to see is dispensary smokes as compared to home grown. We've only had them around me for about a year. Before that I always wondered how good what I was growing really would stack up. Shoot the worst I ever grew beat 5 out of the 6 strains I tried. My bud quality as for rolling a joint was way out of their class. Oh well , rambling again. Good smoke does that. Good growing to all !!
            Focus and relativity.

Comment

Eliot Pryor Ya know i'm wondering if in our case we aren't getting a tad bit spoiled ( me & hubby ) buy the extremely good dispensary smoke I've been purchasing. Trying to supplement for sub par homegrown outdoor. Timing harvest is of upmost importance with the strains and type of evening relaxation we like. Interesting about the Aurora Indica I would of thought that's a good one for us but for you blaa blaa.

I don't know never really paid much attention until I started growing indoor 3yrs now, and we got rec. legal but these new strains with stated THC@23% with 1%CBD are doing wonderful but boy it's costly. We don't buy but a couple grams last us with the bong 3-4 nights. Just got this one called MK Ultra outstanding. The smell, taste and burn is like a magic carpet ride. So many new growers try to archive this type of goal with limited knowledge and supplies become frustrated thinking their grow should be like dispensary flower?

I don't set my expectations real high but just do the best with my grow supplies, good genetics from good breeders. I've grown very good weed for our family just need to relearn and sharpen my indoor skills. And maybe I just need to slow down maybe?
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Spidermite
                Spidermite commented
                Editing a comment
                JDU lol that depends do you want trees, fish, or cbd? The rest is just for family

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Catfish fried in cornmeal and crawfish boiled in Zataran's. Shooooeee...

• Eliot Pryor
                Eliot Pryor commented
                Editing a comment
                OlderNOTwiser Yes you reading it right I have been blessed to be able to enjoy retirement pretty much as I dreamed it. I did it the old fashion way. *I earned it*. I play golf, I grow pot and manage my account. What can I say ? Jesus loves me !!

Oh yes from a statement above about being a weed snob. That is me and my family. I have more strains than most if not all dispensaries. I like to jump around the strains. My wife likes basically 2; Original Glue and Baked alaska. She likes either of those mixed 50/50 with six shooter. Most of the family likes Nitro Lemon Haze the most. Me I dont care as long as it tastes great and is strong. Girl scout cookies is one that everyone likes but for different reasons. In our house we use it when we have stomach issues. It will completely eliminate most stomach ailments. However everyone else loves it for the high.

My point is that yes we are snobs. I told the wife I was gonna quit and she laughed at me and said "yeah right and smoke someone else's shit weed?" And she just laughed at me.
              You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

My personal experience based on my personal experience (so this isn't my opinion): my high, no matter what the genotype is, is always good if I'm in a good place, and can be a little racey, no matter what I'm vaping, if I'm stressed or anxious. I have concluded that while my highs share key elements in common, no two highs are ever exactly alike.

I like to harvest when I see lots of milky mushroom heads bending over, a very few amber and still some clear because I don't want too much amber. I don't want my THC converted to CBN--not at all. I've never experienced couch lock and I don't think I'd care for it.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @ alltatup here's my version of "couch lock " I'm a whimpy smoker so is hubby. My weed needs more amber more CBN that's what we've been talking to medical folks who know about our smoking. I've never ever not been able to function being oriented to time and place is of much importance. I just want the feeling of warmth, soothing feeling like a few glasses of wine gives. What i'm searching for is CBN.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SoOrbudgal "To each her own." ;-} I'm usually feeling that way by the time I go to bed. I've just gone through the intense cerebral or mentally active part of the high prior to getting to the sedated part.

When I take my tincture early in the morning, I have a nice feeling of sedation 4 hours later for my work day, which suits me perfect. But I love the super-intense, cerebral, euphoric, insight-giving high I get for 2 hours before that.

• s62
                  s62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are so right about this alltatup

JDU it's all great i'm so pleased to have met Dingus and sometime perhaps you. For shits sake nothing to be sorry about. I'm playing with germinating autos right now pissing me off failed 2 sweet tooth. Got 1 Gran daddy purp auto going, 1 Durban poison auto (waiting on sec.) and 1 berry ryder auto. There under t-5 with dome heads moved setup to living room for warmth closer to woodstove. My lone clone photo is sitting low and going slow because I want the tent for auto for a month then add photo. Geeze I hope this works LOL
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Team Sativa
                  Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hmmm Lemon Cake it's whats for breakfast just a itsy bitsy slice please LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X