TSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSP

has anyone messed with traditional TSP to give your buds a shot of P mid flower?

its just trisodium phosphate, but in large quantities it can dessimate vegetation just like borax.

what amounts have you had success with if so?

I'm thinking it's not such a good idea.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

same deal with borax but its essential and present naturally in most soil.. and a sound suppliment in smaller quantities.

Comment

Even though it's "just phosphorus" the stuff that you buy for washing your walls before you paint is manufactured in such a way that it is assumed that no human would ever eat it, or anything that contained it, or anything that ate it in it's life cycle. Even in trace quantities.

Such as pot plants.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

If you want to do something for your buds, do some research on non-sulphur, blackstrap molasses and it's P content. It's a common bud booster for those of us in the know.
          I'm not into 'chemicals' not derived from some sort of animal in some way. Marine life, at the moment. Worm casting tea, soon. Ground up and powdered animals in the future. TSP is a cleaning product. As is borax. Used or not, natural or not, not bad for the plant, bud or me, I can't see myself using them.
          Last edited by Gingerbeard; 12-14-2019, 09:25 PM.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh shit. Man, one better think twice before reaching for the emulsion!

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            That's why you don't try to milk a squid DingusKhan. That's exactly why.
            Ever see a squid to the Buffalo Bill tuck?

• wibe
            wibe commented
            Editing a comment
            stolen from Nullis over at rollitup:

Molasses is about 55% sugar. The other 45% goes like this (per 100 grams, human % DV provided for reference):
            Minerals
            Calcium ----- 205 mg --- 20%
            Iron -------- 4.7 mg --- 26%
            Magnesium --- 242 mg --- 61%
            Phosphorus -- 31 mg ---- 3%
            Potassium --- 1464 mg -- 42%
            Sodium ------ 37 mg ---- 2%
            Zinc -------- 0.3 mg --- 2%
            Copper ------ 0.5 mg --- 24%
            Manganese --- 1.5 mg --- 77%
            Selenium ---- 17.8 mcg - 25%
            Vitamins

Thiamin -------- > 0.0 mg -- 3%
            Niacin ------------- 0.9 mg -- 5%
            Vitamin B6 ------- 0.7 mg -- 34%
            Pantothenic Acid - 0.8 mg -- 8%
            Choline ---------- 13.3 mg - ~
            Sugars (55.5 g)

Sucrose 29403 mg
            Glucose 11919 mg
            Fructose 12791 mg

in the EU they approved TSP as a food addative same was as diatomatious earth has food grade versions i'm sure.

i'm all for organic but would prefer to avoid animal products if i can and if i can do the research (within my limits of understanding the chemistry of it all) i'd prefer chemicals over animal byproducts any day of the week.

i was considering molases in the past but never figure out if my limited local selection was unsulphured so it was back burnered.. i'll check in to that again.. didn't realize it was a big P contributor.

urea has way too much nitrogen for flowering afaik.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            The big problem with a ok food additives is you have to remember that "FOOD GRADE" does not mean it is safe to smoke!

This is what the whole "vape scare" is from, people using "FOOD GRADE" Vitamin E oil to cut there products.

Not saying your not on to something but I'd stick with a trusted method till the research is clear vs. He said she said on the Internet.
            My $.02

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr.furley ... always the great voice of reason.... very well put !!

• wibe
            wibe commented
            Editing a comment
            i'm in canada we are phasing it out as a cleaner just like bleaches cause its just too harsh..

that being said it wouldent be smoked it would be processed by the plant which is then possibly smoked.

appreciated the dialogue though, the key is to figure out how much is too much and obviously respecting the sodium in there and now allowing it to accumulate.

I wonder how that breaks down into NPK ratios, wibe . Whatever the case, I like my buds and use USM.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

I use animal waist, a dead cow can grow some mean weed!
            The biggest plant I ever seen was grown in human waist, the trunk was 6 inches across! But it also tasted like shit,,,

Comment

Now that is wrong Rwise takes some " guts " to get close to a decomposing carcass and dig a hole place a plant in there.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL, we gave them a decent burial, then planted greens,,, each one of them we found, no animals were ever killed for this,,, only what was already dead. Mother natures blood and bone meal. Plants grew 20 feet tall!
                BTW they were already decomposed,,,but nothing growing there yet,,, we did dig a deep hole.

• wibe
                wibe commented
                Editing a comment
                points if anyone can get a grow harvested sucessfully inside a gutted tauntaun.

Haahaa I know
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X