No announcement yet.

Germination step by step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final post for the 5 kush. Only one remains still struggling to stand up, 4 are opening and looking good. This is it for me and germination. Now I just let them finish opening up and once I have a nice set of real leaves, I feed them. Thanks for letting me share this. I am home bound alot and this is giving me a way to reach out. Hope it helps someone.
    Attached Files
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the tips on germination methods.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for taking the time to create this tutorial. I'm sure it is going to help lots of new growers.

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      Very helpful thanks again!

Believe me, the time, effort and expense is GREATLY APPRECIATED! I've got seeds on the way. I'm hoping they're not destroyed by the extreme cold we've been having lately.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seeds are extremely resilient to temp it's the humidity that causes issues. I have a few I recently found in an old backpack in a backpack. They are probably close to 10 years old and have not been temp controlled but kept dry. Some people I know keep their seeds in refrigeration or freezer. I keep mine room temp. Good luck cant wait to see your experience! Maintaining temp and humidity is all there is to it. The few supplies needed cost less than one small pack of seeds. It pays to buy even a cheap seed mat. This was the huge takeaway for me from others on GWE and gardeners in general.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely agree with the heat mat. I just use a small, old heating pad from walmart and it has no temp control but it seems to work well on low. I plan on buying one with a temp controller soon if I don't get one for christmas.

I appreciate the positive feedback. Its a total labor of love!
    has a garden in the back

Comment

Just a follow up, seedlings are doing well and planning on moving them into pots asap.
      Attached Files
      has a garden in the back

Comment

Thanks for the detailed log.

I'm just starting my first grow. I put 6 seeds (2 different strains) to soak and after 24hr only 1 seed had sunk, now after about 36hr the other 5 are still floating. I did 2 parts water and 1 part hydrogen peroxide. They have just been on the counter covered as I don't have a heat pad yet (arriving tomorrow). The 1 seed that sunk has been moved to a paper towel between the saucers like you did, but still isn't heating. Room temp is around 68 during the day and 65 evening.

At this point, are the other 5 seeds still viable and will sink, or is sinking not totally necessary?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          $27.99 - https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Seedl...9200166&sr=8-4

• turbonyg
          turbonyg commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the one I bought off Amazon. Showed up this evening and got the stuff moved into it.

• turbonyg
          turbonyg commented
          Editing a comment
          Just a quick follow up on my original post. After setting up the heat mat (set at 75*F) last night, I put the 2 sets of unsunk seeds still in their shot glasses of water into the grow tray. This morning all 5 were still floating, but all 3 in 1 glass had sprouted, and the 2 in the other glass did not. I moved them all into paper towel between saucers as the OP had done. Guess I'll see if the last 2 sprout or not.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X