Rosemary fresh, fresh dried, tincture, oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosemary fresh, fresh dried, tincture, oil

I set up some dried rosemary for tincture. I'm not going to do oil because it's just not something I want to do.
    Since it'll be a week before the tincture is ready, I dropped dried rosemary leaves on the soil around a few houseplants I'm getting fungus gnats. Didn't take much time at all for most of the gnats to disappear. When the tincture is ready, I'll try that.
    If leaves or tincture are applied soil in a weed pot, will the weed pick up the smell?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Nice post can’t believe anyone has said anything but then again it’s all natural your talking about so it’s no wonder. (Watch someone jump all over me for saying that lol). I don’t think it will get on your buds unless you directly spray them with the scent. A lot of organic growers use lavender peppermint and other mint plants in their soil with no issues including me. I haven’t got around buying my rosemary bush yet to keep for exactly that top dress my pots but will soon. How are you making that tincture? Sounds like a good idea I use the oils, sometimes I just make a tea with those plants mentioned above but didn’t think of a tincture. Let me know how it’s works for you?

Comment

Wow, cool. Thanks for the share. I'm going to try it too.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Glad to drop a note here Gingerbeard ... I have used lavender, orange peel and rosemary individually with Everclear 190 to make concentrate oils and the fragrance is spectacular. Once before I grew basil hydroponically right next to my plants and the end results were very surprising in that the basil leaves were as big as my entire hand. I have had basil in almost every food we’ve eaten for over 60 years ( you can’t avoid it when your family is Italian) and I’d never seen leaves that Large. Obviously there can be substantial benefits .. like the clownfish and the sea anemone.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          1/2 Italian here. Mother side immigrants from Calabria she had 13 sis/bros very very poor raised on a farm in Pueblo Colo. My family is very proud of their life and how well they ate, always had enough to give to a traveler who knocked at their door she use to tell us.

I'm using a 50/50 ratio of 91% isopropyl alcohol because we can't get anything higher at liquor stores. 7 days in a sealed jar, in a cabinet, agitating every day.
        No gnats this morning. I'm going to put rosemary in saucers for any gnats in the root ball through the drain holes.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Gingerbeard So how did it turn out? Did you put the dried rosemary in your soil with your flowering plants?

Comment

No Cali I wanted to try it on houseplants that have gnats. It worked great. The smell probably won't be an issue. Once the leaves dry, they lose a lot of their potency. Plus, I don't have gnats in my flowers.
            The tincture turned out pretty good, too. I might grab some soil from an outside plant to try it on.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

The efficacy of the rosemary leaves has worn off. I've had a few pesky FG since yesterday. This time, I sprinkled a few tablespoons of tincture around the soil. The FG have moved on after half an hour.
              One cup 91% isopropyl to one cup rosemary. Break up the leaves a bit. Soak for a week or more.
              To be continued...
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X