Canadian LP seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian LP seeds

One of my licensed providers is Tweed (aka Spectrum Therapeutics). They not only offer the usual dry flower/oils/capsules etc. but they also offer seeds for patients that are registered to grow their own plants. I looked tonight, and once again, they only have 2 options. I decided to make use of their chat feature to find out more about the seeds. See my chat log below...

Chat started: 2019-12-11 12:55 AM UTC

(12:55:06 AM) ME: Why do I only see two types of seeds available?

How can I find more information about the strain specifics?

(12:55:23 AM) *** Chris joined the chat ***

(12:55:40 AM) Chris: Hello there,

at this time we only have two offerings for seeds,

We do not have any specifics as each out come is different depending on the grower

(12:56:20 AM) ME: 1) Do you plan to have more seed offerings any time soon?

(12:56:36 AM) Chris: We do not know what products will be offered in the future, but it is possible to see more options

(12:57:02 AM) ME: come again?

(12:57:18 AM) Chris: At this time, no information for future products is available

(12:57:20 AM) ME: whay do you mean by “see more options”?

(12:57:32 AM) Chris: It is possible more options ( seeds ) could be available.

(12:57:38 AM) ME: ah

(12:58:25 AM) ME: so you don’t provide any info related to the strain of the seeds? Lineage?

(12:58:30 AM) Chris: That is correct

(12:59:48 AM) Chris: We're just shutting down for the evening now

But would love to help, please feel free to call us at 1-855-558-XXXX or contact us after 8am EST tomorrow morning, we would be more than happy to continue this discussion with you

(01:00:25 AM) ME: I’ll be transferring my Rx to another provider.

(01:00:32 AM) Chris: We are sorry to hear this,.

(01:01:09 AM) *** Chris left the chat ***
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

With so many other options from vendors who appear to give the least bit of shit about their clients, you certainly don't owe THESE guys any devotion.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Hey YYCannabis, im assuming your from canada... have you ever checked out Budmail.com..out of B.C? They have really good products and a wide selection. Seeds as well(sonoma seeds B.C) I have made many purchases here and always satisfied. Also, if your looking for seeds have a look at True North Seed Bank..lots of different suppliers and strains. I'v ordered seeds from here and Canuk seeds also.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I've also bought from True North, and had a positive (enough) experience with them, that I bought more from them.

In another thread, alltatup announced that she's moving to OREGON, and we oregonians have hijacked her thread to try to get the entirety of GWE to move here.

To that end: most dispensaries here in legal-Oregon (and there are a metric-shit-load of dispensaries here) sell clones and seeds. There is also a WALK IN SEED STORE in Eugene, Oregon. No bitcoin, no anonmity wrapping, etc etc.

Just sayin.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        DingusKhan That is the best idea I've heard all day! This is members only, though, cuz there are thousands of lurkers on GWE. It would have to be southern OR cuz we can't afford the bougie prices in places like Eugene and Pland. Just give me a home where the wild animals roam...

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely! Gotta keep it real here.

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that about Colorado too. Can just walk into the dispensary and get what you want. The shops not only sell seeds, they sell clones too. And the one I frequent most (at least for now) has it on display so you can see it and smell it. I guess it's not like that some places? Las Vegas is one of them that doesn't display anything. I have a friend who went recently and she said it's all in books, names and pictures. Maybe we're spoiled here? Or is it just because it's Vegas? Are the ones in Oregon like that too, do they display the weed in jars so you guys can see and smell it?

Yea they sound abit uncaring to me try check out this small canadian company i have used and highly recomend as awesome costumer care safe package arrived 7days after order canada to nz and freebies were awesome i brought 2 x pineapple express. 2 x amnesia X. They gave me 4 x pineapple ex. 6 x amnesia X. 2 x gorrilla widow . and 3 x mystery which are 1 of 3 diff strains so i brought 4 seeds received 15 and growing well all autos and company is white widow rocks awesome company if you make a purchase can you please use me as i recommended you with my email coromandel07866@gmail.com as i will get a extra perk so either way try them awesome i believe
      IO'D

Comment

thanks for sharing.. I contacted a few recreational providers about getting seeds and got shut down similarly..

likewise I'm disappointed about the lack of lineage revealed with all the rebounding going on of strains.

Zero transparency in Canadian cannabis right now as it's over ridden by capitalist cash grabbers unfortunately.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          wibe Damn! It makes me so sad to hear that Canadian canna-capitalists are imitating their southern neighbors... So until some really good businesses get established, you gotta search for your seeds elsewhere...

Ya I’m in Canada. Thanks for the suggestions for other options for seeds. I’ll be sure to check them out.

What’s frosts my ass about the LP not providing any information about the “proprietary” strain seeds they sell is how it practically forces their patients into buying seeds that are, shall we say...outside of the legal growers supply chain.

Now, as a legal grower for personal medical use, we are suppose to grow only Gov. approved seeds. But when the supplier can’t tell ya shit about what they are selling, how is this fair to patients?

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn, that's pretty schizophrenic.

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Here in Alberta, the ONLY legal online herb seller is the AGLC, the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis commission. That’s right. The government, in an open commercial market, is blocking any legal online cannabis sales in our province and monopolizing it. They control distribution to the brick-n-mortar stores and set minimum price points (also do this with liquor) that retailers can sell it for. Just to recap...they control distribution, set minimum price, tax the shit out of it, and block free enterprise from competing online.

I’ve heard rumors that several stores were caught buying black market weed and reselling it as the authorized government supply because it’s the only way they can make enough profit to keep their doors open.

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Same situation in Ontario.. Here its the Ontario Cannabis Store. And brick and mortar stores are few and far between. most small towns and smaller cities dont have them yet. They are chosen by a lottery system, and the applicants have to fork out about 250 grand if they qualify. Now if you wanna take a fifteen minute drive to one of the indian reserves around here, anything you want right down to edibles..100$oz pre-rolls,1/4lb's ,gummies,shatter..etc. and get some damn cheap gas while your there. lol

Yea mate and thanks guy and yes definitly check out whitewidowrocks guys honestly really good costumer care and all really i cant fault they contact and share and advise and can answer my questions to all ive ask not shoot me down strait away and can certainly tell info about strains like i said they not a big disbuter with 1000s of strains they choose the better of ones and autos .phenos i believe top quality and when i ask them questions they have commented and if in canada i believe freepost and pay on delivery to so definitly check it out and if you do make purchase be sure to leave my email address as person who recomended you for perk for me and first purchase has good freebies as like i said i paid for 4 got 15 autos .7days to get nz from canada and awesome costumer care to this day i very happy for
        IO'D

Comment

And i feel for youre state i believe its a cash grabber shitty non caring non promoting self sided outfit they are running reading there reponse to youre questions are just really complete joke really chris is a clown ahaha i agree with youre frustrations with it i feel them same reading the chat yous had he seems lost 2 strains only 2 and cant give a linage . Strain . Auto . Fem .pheno . I mean just 2 with no data thats just beyond why they shouldnt have been in there line of work no data no idea it could be a bloody cabbage or lettuce with there ideas by the sounds chris is a cabbage ahaha sorry guys good new diff post i enjoy hearing different talks and good to hear you left there outlit ahaha i mean still cracks me up and makes me angry and confused just 2 strains no lineage. Nothing cabbage nor lettuce bean or brussel sprout ahaha
          IO'D

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Corogold Hey bro, it would be a lot easier to read your posts if you could put in a little punctuation. My 66 yr old eyes just can't stay focused on one long sentence.

Hey YYCannabis , If its affiliated with the government...its not worth my time. And as far as medicinal grade..You really need to try some of the micro-growers out west!! Taco Farms has some of the best product i'v ever had. A lot of these start-up med supply factories are completely untested..Only up and running since last October dont forget.. There's one where i live, big expansion announced last month..then creditors came in and wanted their start up cash...company is restructuring or gonna go tits up. Plus, theres many groups of people where i live, that are waiting on the government to allow open grow..already have land purchased. These folks have absolutely no idea how to grow weed..but want a chunk of the pie. I think the legal site this past summer was selling moldy weed too-yuck...Now if they hired some of the gorilla growers on this forum to run the operation....they would have a gold mine!!
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            hey DingusKhan, from up in Canada...Ontario to be precise. The legalization is Awesome, but its like any of us home growers...It takes a while before you know what the hell your doing. You can throw all the money you want into a grow set up but if you've never done it before..shits gonna happen. Heres just an example...you need a grade 12 edumacation to trim plants........wtf. A lot of the people they turn down grow a better product at home lol

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to legality! It's wonderful, and yes, the learning curve can be steep. And if you're paying top dollar for seeds, it can get quite spendy. But if you're careful, and save the creativity for later grows, success can be achieved reliably. Especially with all the old heads here.

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Losing seeds also feels pretty costly. But we all soak duds. And you will kill a few if you stick with it. But GROWING is sooooo worth it.

Sorry alltatup. I am new to forums and my technology skills are pretty basic. But homegrown is basically hitting the nail on the head with what he said mate.
          IO'D

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Corogold Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I’m not sure how the Health Canada decided what would be allowed for seed strains. Was it to limit THC to something mid-grade levels, or for higher CBD...nobody knows.

Comment

Can you still buy from the online stores in Europe? How about clones at the stores?

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              We can order seeds online just like anybody else. But it’s deemed illicit market. I have yet to see any reports of a small grower, small home grower, get their pee-pee spanked for growing “illicit” seeds. But, I’m sure that if they ever were to investigate a grower for breaking any law, the “illicit” seed and plant charges would just be add-on charges.

I can’t say about clones at stores since I’ve never looked for or inquired about them.

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, so it sounds similar to what most of what we Southlanders have to endure while legislation lanquishes. I still have to opt for discreet packaging and hope customs doesn't check your package.

This sounds nuts, but it might be worth going and buying something from the official store in your country. One of the ways your government is likely to evaluate the success of a change is how many people they can count using the newly available freedom, even though the only method they have of counting is through the legal system. If no one uses it, it might get changed, restricted, or even eliminated.

I could be wrong, but I would imagine going back to no legalization would be worse than legalization executed poorly.

Obviously the Government was swayed by the big corporate to limit small growers and corner the market, yet they have to know that less then lawful methods of obtaining seeds is huge. Not really sure what they were or are thinking but it appears to me it is quite easy to order almost any type of seed strain you desire from multiple sources.
            Besides when it 1st went legal you could purchase seeds from almost any head shop or grow shop so how could they ever think people don't have seeds of every type?
            I can even get clones (unofficially of course) from a few growers in the area. Maybe some rational thinking people will step up to change these really dumb laws. Sure hope so.

Comment

I don’t think it was Corporations influencing governments, but more that the government was too naive (about cannabis strains) and over-protective to help keep the hardcore anti-pot people appeased.

At one point, and maybe it still exists, they had part of the law for recreational growers a plant height limit...1 meter.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe it was a combination as companies like Canopy Growth(Tweed) along with others were consulted about the best path to make it legal. As far as the gov being naive I suppose that is partly true.

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                Government? Naive???!?!!! NEVER!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X