Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin there!!

The Mango
    Last edited by JDU; 01-11-2020, 02:14 PM.

Cheers man! It only gets better from here! Setbacks will happen but as long as you learn from them there is no wasted time! I'm not great but I'm tons better than my first grow so just keep at it man and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Comment

I had quite a few this small, was doing hydro and kept messing up nutrient levels, pH, temps, etc. Learned from that so the next time I do hydro it should be fine hopefully. Currently doing amended soil and having much better luck with it. Should harvest over a pound this time, super excited. And it will only get better from here. Happy learning.

Comment

I would say that sounds painfully right. Very pretty frostiness there, neighbor!
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

JDU save that photo your gonna get a kick out of your next finish, knowing more now. It's a school of learning here, gets better and better. PS...I'd smoke that grow and be happy
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I am soooo happy to finally need to ask this- but how do you tell the difference between just sticky & still wet when you put them into jars? Also- when you burp, how long do you leave the jar open?

Comment

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. I spent Christmas Eve with a pair of scissors!!! 👍😎👍

Definitely not a big harvest but my 1st successful one!! As they dry & shrink I see that I should've trimmed deeper but this run was a great learning experience thanks to y'all.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks a bit like the amount I just took down also JDU. They dryed pretty small for 3days. I just cut the buds off this a.m. put them in a quart jar filled it 70% cause that's all it took LOL. Anyhow the other two have 2wks according to the strain then I sure hope they'll be close because i'm going to flip the lights back to 18-6 throw the 4 autos in there with them.

These next two when I harvest will be at least 2 quart jars ea. looks like. Were getting better

Nice Budgal 🍻
            I Can't wait to share some clouds!! The Thai Skunk is goin in next. I have clones if you need some but I'm gonna wait & clone the clone of the best producer.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks JDU i'm doing fine for now got enough going. I'm just going to run the clone from you and Dingus OG kush and my black cherry photos next with the 4 autos going in first.

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha I hear ya!!

Nice job JDU! Putting even a few little nugs that YOU grew in jars is a hell of an accoplishment. You have done what few people who know you will ever be able to pull off. And now, you're only going to get better.

Remember all those questions that you asked before your first grow, remember how the answers you got didn't make sense because you had not seen what they were talking about?

Isn't it awesome how much of that confusion is behind you, now? Just think, all the confusion that lies before you will find its way back there, too.

Comment

Gittin there, gittin there.....
              THERE!!!!
              Not to brag or nothin but I just tried my finished product. My head changed on the 2nd exhale & after 4 Im so torn i didnt even notice that halftime was over & JMU had kicked a FG. This is as good or better than anything I've gotten from the dispensaries & I made every mistake I could!!! I can't wait to see my next batch!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                JDU one of these days I want to fill several jars with indoor that's my goal. Just a really good amount to kick back until end of summer grow outdoor. My first black cherry punch plant 3/4 quart jar but my second plant i'll get 11/2 quarts so it's a slight improvement LOL.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                Around here, it ain't bragging.

Take pride in your accomplishment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Ain't that great JDU that's about $100 in the Burg

To be fair it might be the strain lol. 2 reviews claim it's been around since the 60s & 1 said developed early 70s. A strain dont stay pure & around that long if it ain't good. All reviews call for softball sized buds a foot long so I can't wait to see her grown right!!! Please be sure to send pics Dingus & Budgal It'll be awhile before my clone off of one of yours is big enough to clone some to run.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                JDU i'm so pleased with what we've harvested it's such good smoke. I sure hope all is as good with yours

Great job homey! You earned it.

Comment

I cut down 5 of my 11 and have had them in jars for about a week now. Cut a couple down early I feel like but it's still a pretty good high. Left the other 6 to get a bit of amber in them to see what I like better. Didn't get a lot (3.5 oz between all 5) but I'm pleased with the results. Even a little bit is a good accomplishment IMO so good job. Funny thing is that I have a bag of dispensary weed and haven't touched it since I bought it because I harvested, even though it's not cured fully I still enjoy it more.

Comment

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't forget, you don't have to harvest an entire plant all at once. You can take the top 1/2 or 1/3, and let the next lower section enjoy direct light to fatten up and mature, because they will not be as ripe as the tops yet.

I think staged harvest is probably the easiest way to improve your final yield and quality.

• dphipps1020
                  dphipps1020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good idea. I've been looking at the trichomes on the top, middle, and lower buds for just that reason. Cut another down last night, nice purple and green buds about half and half. Has a few ambers everywhere and milky and the smell is amazing, I can't wait to try it. The beauty, aroma, the fact that it has so many medicinal uses, just everything, I love this plant!

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mmmmmm... puuuurple...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X