when to switch the light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when to switch the light

hello my friends, I have two indica plants growing in a 3x3 tent, the sprouted on Nov. 4. I see that the nodes are now alternating, does that mean it's time to switch the light to 12/12? or can i just wait until they are the size i want then to be? I have no clue as to the seed type. we found them in some killer bud we bought.(legally in california, lol)

How big are they/how many sets of leaves? Pics would help. You can switch at any time it's just a matter of accounting for space after they stretch.

Comment

You can wait until they're the size you want. The non-symmetric growth generally indicates that it's mature enough to be put into flower, but you can leave it in veg as long as you want.

Comment

Cool thanks Moose

Comment

I tend to top my indoor plants a couple of times and flip them when they are about a foot above the netlid.
          If you wait a bit longer, it may get a bit out of hand...
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            what the ? holy shit...lol! Super growing ...gbauto.

so when you flip the light, do you do it all in one shot, from 18/6 to 12/12, or do it over several days?

Comment

I flip it in one shot (changing the timer as close to the middle of the lights-on period as possible), I've not noticed any real stress to the plants. I did keep one of my plants in veg in a window for longer than I should have--so it was subject to natural changes in daylight for a month or so--and noted that stretch once in the tent was reduced compared to my previous crop.
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X