Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Fan leaf Downward Claw - pics included

Hello all,
    I recently (2 weeks ago) transplanted all my girls from 1 gal Grower’s Soil (coco/peat/perlite mix) to 3 gal Plagron Coco + 30-40% perlite mix. Here are the stats/issues:

Stats:
    1.) pH 6.0
    2.) nutrients: Mills
    3.) 350-450ppm
    4.) watering Every-other-day
    5.) using Tap Water
    —- with exception of last watering as I watered again the very next day this week (Tues/Wed)
    6.) previously had Thrip infestation that has been neutralized for about 2.5 weeks.

Issues:
    1.) (prior to transplanting into 3gal coco) Previously had nitrogen toxicity which caused the top leaves to start clawing and deforming (3ish weeks ago)
    2.) The nitrogen toxicity caused some secondary deficiencies causing some random leaves to yellow and get blotchy. (3ish weeks ago)
    —— caused by Amino additives IMO that I added from NPK industries.
    —— flushed for two waterings with pH’d water then continued regular 400ppm feed
    3.) after transplanting from Coco/peat to Coco perlite the growth exploded
    4.) still having some downward clawing (Main issue) and I’m unsure if it’s recovered or I’m overwatering, underwatering or need to cut back on N somehow.

Question:
    things are looking ok but I’m not sure if this is overwatering, nute issues/root issues. I don’t have any burn.

Leaves are clawing and I’m not sure what the issue is or if I have one at all and they’re just recovering. Should I still be watering EoD or daily? A little concerned as I’m transitioning my entire grow to Coco based.
    Attached Files

Looks like your over watering I water my lady’s once a week
    First grow
    2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
    soil fox farms happy frog 30% perlite added
    2 sweet tooth autos in dwc
    4 greengo 1200w led
    general hydroponics flora trio nutes
    grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
    490cfm exhaust

Comment

But I’m in soil not coco
      First grow
      2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
      soil fox farms happy frog 30% perlite added
      2 sweet tooth autos in dwc
      4 greengo 1200w led
      general hydroponics flora trio nutes
      grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
      490cfm exhaust

Comment

This is a duplicate so here was my answer on your other post:

Originally posted by HypnoticJud View Post
        4.) watering Every-other-day
        This is your problem most likely. It could in turn cause ph or root issues. Water your plants when they need them not on a schedule. If i had a dollar for every time i've said that...Let them dry out and let the pots get light THEN feed them. I feed every time i water and water to 15-20% runoff. Then i wait until the pots are light to pick up and then i feed again. That can be a week in early veg or 2 -3 days in flower.You are over watering for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
          This is a duplicate so here was my answer on your other post:

This is your problem most likely. It could in turn cause ph or root issues. Water your plants when they need them not on a schedule. If i had a dollar for every time i've said that...Let them dry out and let the pots get light THEN feed them. I feed every time i water and water to 15-20% runoff. Then i wait until the pots are light to pick up and then i feed again. That can be a week in early veg or 2 -3 days in flower.You are over watering for sure.
          Well, here’s the thing then and I should’ve explained better - the clawing was happening before I transplanted into CoCo as I had fed once too many times with Aminos which caused N toxicity.

Now, after transplanting Many plants came out and some seem to have not quite recovered.

another thing is that coco is supposed to be watered like a hydroponic system or similarly, right?

Just trying to talk it out.

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry i was a little harsh on that reply. I had just stepped in dog shit and was frustrated. What i see is drooping from over watering. The claw from nitrogen tox may never go away but the new growth should not have it once the feed has been corrected. I have read about always keeping your coco wet but i disagree with that. I've tried it and i tend to see more problems than when i let the pots get dry. There may be a way to do a high frequency fertigation but i have not been able to get it to work so i posted another topic to see if anyone else has had success with high frequency fertigation.
            Last edited by Tersky; 12-07-2019, 07:49 PM. Reason: I was an ass...

Looked shocked from transplant into different medium and overwatered.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If you like your girls wet just grow in organic living soil. And don’t believe the bs about them not producing like hydro because if you doit right they will and even if they don’t it’s quality over quantity unless your going to be selling it why would you want more of inferior product than quality? Just saying.

Comment

• s62
              s62 commented
              Editing a comment
              I use KindSoil (supersoil/living soil), and you’re supposed to let it dry out between watering.

s62 kind soil is not living soil I think? Who told you to let it dry out? In true living soil you have to keep your soil watered at all times specially don’t let the top layer dry out that’s why we use a mulch to keep the humidity up on the top layer from drying out because that’s where most of the microscopic action is around the root zone. Look it up.

Comment

• s62
              s62 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got info from KindSoil themselves. They recommend going 5-7 days between watering. They recommend NOT keeping the soil moist, and say that the finger check isn’t good.
              Oh, and KindSoil is a living soil.

s62 Oh ok well if they recommend not keeping the soil moist and watering every 5-7 days then I guess they know they’re product better than anyone else. What I do know is there is no scheduled watering period, why? Because what if the plant is extra thirsty and dries up in 3 days? Your going to let it stress till day 5-7? True living soil are not hot like kindsoil is that’s why they recommend you add some top soil so your plants don’t get nute burn, with the living soil I use you can mix and plant right away. Also my true living soil I have worms and other beneficial insects that need moisture to thrive if my soil dries out the life of the soil dries out and dies. What you have is super soil, think about it if you let it dry out like you say how is it living? Nebula has a grow with kind soil on her instagram I’m pretty sure she didn’t let it dry out as much as you say? Or maybe she did? Like I said look up living soil and the number one thing they recommend is don’t let the top layer dry out. They say you have to have some kind of mulch to prevent it that’s why you see straw mulch on a lot of the pots. That’s my understanding on living soil anyways.

Comment

• s62
              s62 commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought living soil was the same as supersoil. And I thought both of those were defined as amended soils that contain all of the nutrients a plant needs without the need for fertilizers.

Exactly so why would you let it dry out? Another thing, do you have to replace your soil after each harvest? Or just top dress it? I do the no till so all I do is top dress and water with teas, after each harvest I just cut the stalk as close as I can to the soil and plant the next ones and keep it going. You need to keep it moist because the microorganisms are the ones breaking down those dry amendments making them available in your root zone for your plant to take what they need when they want. That’s why with kindsoil you have to add that top soil or coco Loco I think is what they recommended. When I first started looking into living soil I wanted to go with kindsoil but soon realized I will always have to bebuying soil and it’s expensive compared to what I have. Here are some pics that free one year using the same soil maybe you can see the old stalk coming out the soil?
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X