No announcement yet.

Drying while still in bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn’t thought too much about the root waste causing problems but does make some sense.

My thinking was leaving the plant upright so excess water can drain back down the stalk versus upside down drying where excess water is being pulled into the smaller secondary stems and branches.

Notching trees is something I’m familiar with as we did it on the farm many yrs back. I wonder if it would work the same way with cannabis. Has anybody tried it? I’m sure by now some lumberjack pothead has tried 🤣
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      The main problem you are going to be fighting is mold. You would be more likely to get mold if you dont separate the buds but theoretically it can work. Especially if you are in a dry climate. If you are in a humid climate i would not do it this way as you will be even more likely to get mold. Most plants i think would be ok if you dried this way but since cannabis has wet buds instead of skinned fruits, mold is going to be an issue, hence the cutting branches and drying with good air flow.

Hey everyone, I was just kidding around, teasing Gingerbeard. I didn't mean to confuse you with my twisted sense of humor. I deleted all my comments. Peace and love to all.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Tersky sorry bout that bro. You know you my dog, G.

DingusKhan My oregon homie

Gingerbeard I've always loved gingers. Y'all are some magical people.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      DingusKhan I think you meant to say “guys and gals”. 😉

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Were I to be a smiley or emoticon user I would put up a big pouty face. Then follow it up with a big wink-eye face.
      Now, for the sunset...

Gosh. Me too. I'm not a cat hater. I'm a Devils Advocate. I'll play one side against the other. I've taken care of sick cats because no animal deserves to suffer for three words, "I don't understand." More to the story of those three words.
    Whatever I say about... them... is purely puerile and mostly harmless.
    Kisses, alltatup
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      So what you're saying is... it's on? It's still on?
      I am loaded of sarcasm, questionable intonation, and shit? Yeah, I'm good.
      What about birds? Anyone get down on birds?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugs Gingerbeard I knew that deep down you were one of those sensitive ginger men trying to act gruff.

Damn, I could read the sarcasm in those posts and they were getting funny but as we all should know, sometimes when you just read printed words without the interpretation of vocal clues, inflection and tone, they can take on a different meaning rather easily. I’ve learned this early on but now I’m too old to give a shit 🤯

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I had to see what that forum might be so when I looked it up, I found RIU Hotels and Resorts. I can't imagine why folks would argue about hotels and resorts

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall jajajajaja LOL (little old lady)!!! Stands for Roll It Up forum.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup .... ha..thank you for that clarification....I really couldn’t find something close to that one. Nowadays about the only other forum I’m reading once in a blue moon is AARP....so, now I’ve gotta at least peak inside right?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X