My house stinks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My house stinks.

I have a 6" carbon filter vented outside which works great. But when I have my flowering tent open for any amount of time my whole house stinks.

Has anyone ever used the odor neutralizers bags/cans outside their grow room/tent?
    I would like to know what works best

Thanks

I’ve used those plug-in Airwick oils but it only covers a small area maybe 25’ from the actual tent. If the doors are open, nothing I’ve tried works. Tried some thing called ‘the neutralizer’ was about $60.00 but, not really any different and refills are pricey..like $35-40. The 9 pack airwick refill is $10 at Costco, if you have a Costco nearby

Comment

Spooky, bro. I just whipped out an ONA block I bought at the beginning of my growing because I thought I was going to have big stinkies. The smell of weed is wonderful in my house and I've never hidden it.
      But back to ONA's. I was going to start a thread and give props because mine sitting on the counter after nuking brats. People punch holes in them and say they last a few months. I've only used mine when cooking something smelly. The block shriveled but still smelled good. I broke it in half and it was like new. I've chopped it up a few times since and still like new. You don't have to keep it out all the time. It's natural oils and junk. No chemicals.
      I also leave a pipe out if someone square comes over. Any weed smell is easily explained.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

Be careful when deodorizing. I had a friend that kept deodorants and air fresheners close to his tent and his weed tasted like deodorant. I personally use Ona in the room that has my tent but it is far away, close to the door. Never use spray deodorizers near the tent as they can get sucked into the tent and also make your weed taste weird. In other areas of the house i use regular deodorants but in the grow room its ona.

Comment

• Floody709
          Floody709 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ona is what I've heard to use. I am allowed to grow but my wife has clients in the house so it's not good to have the place sinking like sweet sweet cheeba.

I'll get some Ona gel and put some on the other side of the room(outside the flowering room) and I'll put one in the poaech area.

Thanks for the help!

Buy any used sports equipment - preferably game used hockey or football gear - plus the bags they were in - and open up those sports bags before you open your tent.

What's worse? Locker room smell or the pot?
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh - better yet - you already got the stinky gear.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Or a cat. Better yet, just a dirty litterbox.

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          "Or a cat. Better yet, just a dirty litterbox."
          The horror, the horror! Smell from hell!

I dont know if its possible..lol. As long as my tent is mostly closed up( i crack the door open when the lights are on) and i have negative pressure...there is no smell from the tent. BUT..if the plants need to come out, or i have to open the tent up really wide. It starts getting stinky in a hurry. Dont forget that if your furnace or A/C kicks on that smell is gonna get blasted thru the house in no time. Just realized that a couple of weeks ago when i had plants out late at night in basement. Furnace kicked on and i could hear my wife close the vent in bedroom...so stinky it woke her up !! hahaha. Can you increase the fan speed on your filter combo? Might help a bit.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Obi-Wan
          Obi-Wan commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife and I enjoy the smell, I’m still using the same carbon filters I bought 3 years ago. I’m fairly certain they aren’t doing their job anymore but here in MA. I can have 12 plants legally so I have 6 in my tents and 6 more around the house that I just enjoy looking at. That I can have them is both a blessing and a curse to me, my state is legal for cannabis but they restrict other things....

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Obi-Wan I remember back in the 70’s they called it Taxachusetts...

Ahhh it's one of the indoor smells I've not tried to eliminate, goes with the show sorry we like it but were also legal.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal I'm with you on the smell, we love it,
          Would love it even more, if my sad ass, State was legal , it want ever be legal here, if they leave it up to the States to decide.
          Everytime the law dogs here make a small bust, like a half oz. or so. It makes the headlines in the local newspapers.
          Sis is what I call her, alltatup on here, is doing the right thing by moving to Oregon, if only we were a bit younger, we'd move to Oregon too, we got good friends that live in Bend,Ore. And they love it way over there, they said they ain't never coming back, I don't blame em, either.
          Have a great day, and you are very lucky to be in a legal State,

I love the smell. I got 6 plants almost ready for harvest and the house smells lovely. None of them smell skunky. It's all a mixture of sweet sniffs. Especially when I open the tent in the morning.

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          It's 8am and I had to open my tent. I got the biggest hit of sweet nectar. I love that smell. They should be ready for harvest sometime this week.

I'm a day or 2 from harvesting so the smell will die down for 6-7 weeks then she will stink again for a few weeks. Haha

Comment

How about essential oil? I'm a doTerra fan. Depending upon what strain you're growing, maybe choose an oil that accentuates the terpenes in your flower? An example could be lemon oil for a lemon turpene. This stuff is all natural (safe) and doesn't linger for any great length of time.

Discover how essential oils can transform the way you manage your health. These natural chemical compounds are life changing.
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            The ONA blocks are made with essential oils @BR2K.
            You gave me the urge to go down and snip a bunch of my neighbor's rosemary. Dry it out good. Blas it. Alcohol for the solvent. Hell, I might try the star jasmine when it comes up again.
            Thanks for the reminder.

Ok, what is ONA ? Looked it up and found : OHIO, ONTARIO, OREGON ......Nurses Association ( ONA)

Comment

Speaking of essential oils, since I have convenient sea vegetation, how about blasting dried seaweed?
          Yeah. I'm serious.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

You could take up indian cooking. Or Peking duck. Lutefisk. Kimchi. The possibilities are endless. Meth lab.
            Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't smell the pot plant from my opium den. Lol.

• WeirdWiredWolf
              WeirdWiredWolf commented
              Editing a comment
              We used to have neighbors in the complex that would cook some pretty rank stuff (I swear one of them cooked spoiled meat!)...covered up any smell from our place quite nicely.

Mr.furley , you grow poppies too??
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              GrowMorphineEasy.com

Here. Just add the biggest filter you can afford and you can vent the whole house with zero smell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191205_084634.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	981.0 KB
ID:	355205
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X