Molasses for the masses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molasses for the masses...

Hey GWE! I have been thinking about this for a while now. I have 4 to 5 weeks left for my autos and im thinking of introducing molasses. I read How to grow sweet smelling buds by Nebula and she suggests molasses among other things. I have always hated molasses. Memorys from a kid eatting toast with molasses yuck, its almost like liver and onions lol But anyways,Do you use molasses? Would you recommed it? I have coco/perlite mix with GH Trio. Will molasses change my ph? Any thoughts or advice is appreciated! Man that stuff is nasty it brings back memorys! Click image for larger version  Name:	molasses.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	354512
    Last edited by SmashGuitar; 12-03-2019, 03:00 AM.
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

from my experience, and please correct me if you know otherwise - molasses can be beneficial both for the bud as well for the microflora of the root system - therefore it can be used throughout the entire grow - beg and flower

Comment

I looked into this and found in my situation it would not really do anything. Molasses, as i understand, is really to feed the microbes in the soil, so if you are doing a non organic grow like me (coco/hydro with GH Flora trio) then it really will not have any impact. If you are growing in soil with organic nutes and have beneficial microbes then it will help the microbes multiply and flourish which in turn the microbes feed the plants. If you are thinking of adding it to what you have in your signature, you probably wont notice a difference. I have tried to sweeten my buds before with supplements and didnt notice a difference. I think the sweet smell is really strain dependent. I have a sour d that smells sour and a Bruce Banner that smells sweet but im not using anything but GH flora trio and GH liquid/dry koolbloom

This is my understanding of it and if im wrong someone correct me.

Comment

I'm in soil, and I use it, from about 2weeks after they pop up, all the way to harvest.
        It feeds the microbes in your soil and it also has micro nutrients for your plants .I've used it in coco too.
        I'm no expert at all, but it must do ok cause most all the nutrient companies have some in their products,
        Alot of folks just use it the last couple of weeks before harvest.
        It want hurt your plants, I do know that much, lol,
        1-2tablespoons a gallon of water. Is what I use. Get the unsulfered kind, or you might see some problems.
        Yes, it will raise your ph.
        PS. I love good molasses on a hot buttered biscuits.
        GoodLuck
        HappyGrowing
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

There is a study done at an agricultural college I think in Iowa, I will try and find a link, that proved not only is molasses beneficial to soil and roots, but debunked the myth that plants cant absorb sugars through roots designed to make sugar. Plants will absorb sugar and then have energy to do other things like make terpenes, cannabinoids, density, all the great things we want because it is absorbing raw sugars and storing it instead of having to create it. I always use molasses in my grow now, and past experiments have shown to me it's for the entire grow not just flower.
          I bet Bob Marley's mansion
          has a garden in the back
          Where he's growing something special
          Some celestial homemade hash
          we'll sit down on his front porch
          And listen to the angels band
          Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

I introduce molasses to my grow about two grows ago...mouthful, and have experienced improvement in the bud density and size. I have not taken the time to read up on the science of this, and most likely never will, but an old hippie tuned me in on the benefits, so I gave it a go! I grow in soil.

Molasses is not only good for the grow but good for the baking!

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I am still on the fence. I am going to think it over for the next few days!
            Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
            Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
            Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
            2 small 6" fans
            Promix HP
            GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X