Drying bubble H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying bubble H

How many time to drying bubble H crumble?

I was taught to spread it out onto a cardboard and keep spreading it out as the water is drying out so it doesn’t harden into a chunk. By spreading I mean chopping thrust he glob with a fork or something to keep opening up the pile, then after a few hours I can place it onto a drying screen. I’ve done it overnight but I get to that ‘stale hard cookie’ texture usually 1 1/2 days

Comment

And you smoke them after that?

Comment

Couple questions.
        Would adding dry ice to the water and water ice make a difference with bringing the temperature down?
        The bubble hash I am used to is a gooey little ball of tar that is gooey to deal with and makes everything gooey and sizzles a lot. Does drying make the experience better?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          you have been doing it wrong my friend, it should end up being a kief-like powder that melts and makes bubbles when burned, thats why bubble hash

advice from the bubble man itself (the guy who invented this process)
        • Tip 4: Properly breaking up the bubble is HUGE, and probably should be tip number one. The process is two schools of thought: Micro-Planing, and Sieving. These are your two options, and you can view both of them on videos at Bubbleman’s World on YouTube.
        • Tip 5: Once you have powdered the hash properly, now it’s time to DRY IT. I use a desiccant-like cardboard. It’s lined with parchment paper, and once closed, the cardboard can pull and wick moisture from the hash. This is very important, as you will not dry the hash properly on a plate, or plastic, or metal or anything that is NOT going to wick the moisture from INSIDE the hash.
          An addendum to Tip 5 is once you have your hash dry ( 7+ days in the cardboard box), you can now actually CURE THE HASH. Once you have DRIED the wax membrane of the trichome head, you can allow for the hash to cure and stabilize. I have some that has been curing for more than seven years, and is stable beyond stable. I have friends who have hash that is a month or two old, and is buttering out. Always dry and cure your hash properly
        https://www.bubblebag.com/Instructio..._Products.html

Comment

Thanks 9fingerleafs.
        When I blast flower, the end product is like a fine, off-white powder similar to the pictures I see of dried bubble hash but mine is whiter. Is this another sort of hash?
        Also, I only know bubble hash as black tar. Is it the drying that gets rid of that?
        YouTube wants me to sign in to confirm my age to watch videos. I'm not a joiner
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          thats exactly what bubble hash should be, if you get a lot of plant material in the hash then it turns a very dark green and has a much thicker consistency, overtime the hash will turn brown as chlorophyll gets degraded, the low quality hash doesnt melt but rather burns like an incense, it not a bad hash by any means its just not the pure full melt you can achieve collecting only trichome heads.

Okay. Got that. Trichomes are sifted from plant matter to make hash and kief.
        What is the white, soft, granulated product (no idea what to call it) I get from blasting? The trichomes pass right through the coffee filter? I can't see there being any plant matter in my product because of color. Also, I get every bit of sticky from my plant matter over a second or even a third blast. It all looks the same. I break up buds into popcorn size pieces and leave out the shake. I've found the more smaller pieces there are, the darker the product. When all is said and blasted, the flower is powder. The product is not sticky at all. I have to take a lighter to my dab tool to pick any up. Even compressing it in a silicon container won't get it to stick. Where did that stickiness go?
        I'd like to try the bubble bags for bubble hash. Take it through drying and curing. It'll take more than what I get from my setup to give it a go. A couple ounces of flower will last me longer than that much processed to hash.
        There are eight bag, one gallon Bubbleman setups I'm looking at. I like the idea better than butane although have no problem with it.
        I'll be around for more questions.
        Thanks for the information.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          And what about adding the dry ice to the water and water ice?

Originally posted by JDU
        How do you make the old school- burn on a pin & collect the smoke in a small glass to inhale hash?
        The good old days. A piece of hash on a pin and burn it a bit, lift the glass or plastic cup and inhale the smoke. No waste.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X