Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What your most favorite strains, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What your most favorite strains, and why?

I only have 5 0r 6 grows under my belt so I have limited experience with different strains. So far, the most enjoyable has been Bubblicous from Nirvana. I had two big "Aw-Shits" my last two photo grows due to small light leaks. (Light Leak under door and another around exhaust)

So I fixed the leaks and started 2 Auto-Grows: Pineapple Kush and White Widow. I plan on growing GSC and Bubble Gum next (Photo strains) I also Have some more BubbLicious and some Wedding Cake seeds.

I also want try Red Dragon, Thin Mint and Cookies and Cream in the future.

I plan on growing 1 high THC plant and something milder (for my wife) next grow.

What are some of your Favorites?
    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
    6" Oscilatting Fan
    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

I'm totally new to growing, so I have limited experience. I'm curious about the light leaks you mentioned. That's light leaking in?
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Do yourself a favor. 1st. don't mix Autos and Photos. It will be a bitch once the Autos start flowering. 2nd. I would keep it to no more then 2 strains. For ease of watering later on in flowering. It all seems easy in vegging. It all gets a pain in the ass later on in flowering. My 2 cents.

Comment

• Sledrock
        Sledrock commented
        Editing a comment
        kingfish - I was thinking about growing 4 Autos at the same time - 2 in the tent and 2 in the cabinet. Thanks for the advice, though! (I plan on starting the GSC and Bubble-Gum around the 20th of December - by the time they're ready to switch to 12x12, the current autos will be curing and I'll have the light OFF in the cabinet.)
        Last edited by Sledrock; 11-29-2019, 06:22 PM. Reason: I

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your words fill me with dread, lol. I’ve got 9 different strains going in a 3x3 right now! Then again, they’re autos and my last autos were runts (all ~1oz dry), so I’m trying to fill my space SoG style. I dread watering in flower if they actually grow to a normal size lol

Yes,Br2k, Light Leaking IN, I have 2 grow areas in the same room. I'd planned on Veggg in one and flowering in the other. The one is a wooden cabinet and the other a regular grow tent. The cabinet is narrow (Depth) and I cannot close the door all the way due to the plants I'm veggig getting too wide. But even though I had light leaking out, at the time I didn't have anything growing in there -and the lights were Off -- the problematic light Leaks were from Under the door and around my exhaust running out the window. (I also put a piece of tape over my de-humidifier power light and over my Hot Water heater flashing light as well as the power light on my power strip in the tent. I turned off All the lights and it's dark as a cat's ass in the room now. (I may eventually get another Light-proof tent but then I'll have to make light-traps for Both tents or grow Auto-Flowers in both tents at the same time. Any other questions, feel free to asks -- Good luck with your grow operation!
      6" Oscilatting Fan

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        @Siedrock, you only need to worry about light leaks during the 12 hours of dark during flowering. Any other times you can leave your lights on 24/7 if you want.

Autos as you may know don't care about light leaks it's just the photo period like kingfish says about the light leaks during 12off.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks Kingfish and SoOrbbudgal! Yes, I'm aware that auto are immune to light leaks, it's those pesky Photos that you have to worry about Light Leaks - I'ved learned my lesson - the hard way!
        6" Oscilatting Fan

Comment

Surely you all have some Favorite Strains you'd be willing to share?
          6" Oscilatting Fan

Comment

OG kush, aurora indica, GG#4, crown royal, lots more LOL
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for the response, SoOrbudgal!
              6" Oscilatting Fan

Comment

Favorite strains !! My favorites so far. Acapulco Gold by Barney's Farms. Honey B by Barney's Farms and AK-47 by Serious Seeds. These are photo's I've really liked. The Acapulco Gold brings on euphoria. The Honey B smokes smooth as honey, the B stands for big. Big dense buds. AK-47 was billed as the "one hit wonder" it has never failed on that claim, also this is the one I learned what dense buds meant. Of the auto's I've done another Barney's Farms product Blue Mammoth is really by far the best. Good growing to all !!
                Focus and relativity.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is my favorite but Black Jack by Nirvana comes to mind if for no other reason then the taste. It has to be some of the best tasting weed under the sun. But there has been too many to pick a favorite.

Comment

Trainwreck for taste, Red Poison for looks, and I had gorilla glue from the dispensary that seemed to get me higher than most strains.
                    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                      D.A.A.S.69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Doubledealing72 your RedPoison was the purtiest, plant I have ever saw, I'm sounding just like Festus, on Gunsmoke, lol
                      No kidn, that was a real beauty, for sure.
                      My favorite, most potent smoke is ChemsSister. It will rock your world, no joke.
                      HappyHolidays 476.

• Doubledealing72
                      Doubledealing72 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks D.A.A.S.69! I've got one more seed left. I might give her a go with the quadline technique lol.

Happy holidays to you as well!

Back when I smoked I preferred the old classics Super Silver Haze, and Maui. Lotso psychoactivity! Sometimes maybe too much!

Comment

• RFheavy
                      RFheavy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      super silver haze is on sale at AMS. Buy ten, get ten. You just convinced me to buy five, though. haha!

Bay Dream, Blue Dream, Green Crack, Jet Fuel, White Rhino and I discovered Sour Tangie a few months ago which became my new favorite. This is just a few that came to me immediately. There are too many to list and I love them all!

Comment

Not sure about todays new strains yet but way back a good hawaiian was hard to beat. It used to be spicey/sweet with super sticky buds and have a very uplifting high. Wonder if I can actually find that today?

Comment

• starramus
                        starramus commented
                        Editing a comment
                        https://www.nirvanashop.com/marijuan...feminized.html good stuff

• JohnEmad
                        JohnEmad commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Awesome starramus, I have enough seeds to grow for maybe 3 years but that will obviously have to be obtained..lol!
                        Think I will wait for the spring to order as I would rather not receive frozen seeds. The seeds could be frozen and thawed several times before they arrive.
                        Last edited by JohnEmad; 11-30-2019, 10:19 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X