No announcement yet.

GJ3: Wizard's 7th grow and first with coco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 43: Of the longest grow ever, the Yummy is finally looking better again and taking to the soil. Not droopy like in the previous post and a better shade of green. The Spliff Berry is doing great. Now I am going to have trouble with keeping the spliff berry from getting too large, while the Yummy catches up so I can flower. Anyone have advice on doing so?

I've topped it in multiple places so it is fulling out a lot. Should I defoliate some, and remove a few bud sites? I've never had to trim to limit size rather than increase yield and structure.
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Day 44: Decided I needed to take action or it's gonna get out of control. The good news is the Spliff Berry is growing really well in the coco. In hindsight, I don't think I should've switched the Yummy to soil. Looking back on the photos, it was just getting to the point where it would probably have taken off like the Spliff Berry but oh well. This morning I did some heavy pruning and defoliation to bring the center of the plant down while the lower branches grow up to make an even canopy. I didn't actually top any more, I just 'retopped' the two tallest branches to a lower node where there were also two growth sites. So total cola will remain the same, but plant should be a bit better shaped. Hopefully (this is weird to say) it stunts it for a bit while Yummy catches up.
      2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
      260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Day 52: Longest veg / smallest plants. Decided to flip them even though the yummy is still so small. Hoping it gets some nice growth. I can't have this grow going into May. I like my grows to end in late March early April so I can take a break and then start all the seedlings for my garden so this year there will definitely be some overlap. Hopefully the large Spliff Berry will make up for the small one
        2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
        260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Day: 57: 6 days into flowering. They are definitely growing quickly. I tend to defoliate one a week to remove anything in the bottom of the plant not getting light, or covering bud sites. But my plants never seem to get as tall as I see in other pictures. I'm not sure if I am stunting it, or it's just my training methods. So far the most I've gotten inside is about 2.5oz. In 5 gallon pots, I'd think I could get more. Just thinking out loud here. I am going to leave the small plant as is because I think it needs all the energy it can get. I topped the large one in more spots than normal just to compare and see what happens with more colas. I believe Nebula said more sites meant smaller colas, but total amount didn't change much
          2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
          260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Wizards how far away is your grow light from plant canopy if I may ask? I have 400watts full spectrum LED I have both my autos under each ones sweet spot. My photos are all off to the sides of tent away from direct beam. The autos are 2wks into flower and one is stretching more because I didn't top it it's like a Christmas tree I barely LST it just bent it's main cola down an spread lower branches top cola is really shooting upwards. The light is 24" from plant canopy. I am also trying to increase oz. per plant indoors?

• WizardsNThings
            WizardsNThings commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal It's about 18". I've been keeping it just above where I got a touch of light burn. That probably keeps the plants a bit more squat than tall but I don't care if I can get more bud.

That is my thoughts but i'm to conservative damn I need to raise my flowering plants up several more inches and test the watts.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Day 65: I'm doing light defoliation once a week to remove anything covering bud sites or real dense leafy areas. I usually go heavier but am just trying something different. I took 4 clones from the Spliff Berry (bigger one) since I needed to remove the branches anyways. There are 23-24 bud sites on this plant because I also topped a lot more to experiment. It's hard to tell in the photo, but there are a decent amount growing out from the bottom and up but are still way below the upper canopy. I am debating removing another 3 or 4 of these to focus energy into the other higher sites (circled in red in photo).
            2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
            260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Day 70: A few days ago, I decided for longer term to LST the spliffberry a bit to try to get the canopy more even. I think it will fill in nicely. I only did a bit on the smaller Yummy. Both seem to be doing well. I also started a dutch passion critical orange punch auto I'll keep in a 1 or 2 gallon pot in the corner just for the heck of it.

I took a few more clones so I have 8 total. I am hoping in about 4 weeks when these plants have roughly 2-3 weeks left, I can overlap and put those clones in. I want to try 6-8, 1-2 gallon pots to see if I can get more in a shorter period of time sorta sea of green style. I see these pictures with 3 foot tall plants with massive colas and still don't get how people do it. Maybe it's HPS lights or something? Mine are always short and squat and so far the most I've managed is 2.5oz on a plant.

This should get interesting in mid April when I need to start things for the vegetable garden

2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
              260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Well Wizards from my angle your plants look so green and healthy. I am going to do a similar next grow but with autos lots more than I've ever attempted in my tent. I love the idea of SOG i'm going for 2-3 different strains so we will have to adjusts our canopies try and get as close to even as we can. I sure love the challenge who said retirement is boring LOL

• WizardsNThings
                WizardsNThings commented
                Editing a comment
                They are definitely healthy! I took off a few of the real lower branches when I did the LST just to focus the plant a bit more. I normally do maybe 8-12 colas, so curious how it turns out with around 20. The nice thing is, they are so resilient you can just play and have fun and you are gonna end up with something. That post with the cannabis bonsai plant definitely caught my eye...would love to try that : )

Day 75: No news is good news or something like that. SpliffBerry is still filling out and super lush. Yummy is also doing well - the top looks a bit weird. Just gonna keep trucking.

Side Note: Started this auto critical orange punch and it basically hasn't changed in 5-6 days (last post). Any thoughts on that??
              2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
              260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                No thoughts on the auto other than she's gonna keel over when the first set of leaves happen needs a support? I really like the photos and how they are doing so green and healthy.

• WizardsNThings
                WizardsNThings commented
                Editing a comment
                They are a really nice shade of green and growing fast. Wish I hadn't changed the small one from coco now and had seen it play out! Not sure if I want to do coco or soil on my next grow!

Day 78: Beginning of Week 4. Just a note for myself, no news! Still looking good. All clones rooted successfully
              2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
              260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Day 81: Middle of week 4, did the last large defoliation. Everything is looking great. This is my favorite part of the grow! May take a few more off tomorrow. Will see.
                Last edited by WizardsNThings; 02-20-2020, 10:03 PM.
                2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Those sure look great Wizards lots of bling!
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• WizardsNThings
                    WizardsNThings commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Smelling great! The SpliffBerry has a distinct grapefruit aroma. Love it!

Day 88: Middle of week 5 of flower. Looks like they are no longer growing and are starting to fatten up. Just gonna keep on keepin on
                  2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                  260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wk 5 no more stretch good feeling for me when that happens. Wizards those are some fat colas how long did breeder say flowering time was for those approx.? yep just keep doin what your doin

• WizardsNThings
                    WizardsNThings commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SpliffBerry (the big one) says 11 weeks. So we have a ways to go! The Yummy says 9-10 weeks. Hopefully they get nice and chunky! Both can have a blue pheno but I am not seeing any of that yet.

Day 99 - Beginning of Week 7 of Flower: Same ol' here! Just growing and fattening. Pistils starting to amber and aromas getting real nice.
                  2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                  260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those look just fat and happy Wizards. What a strain difference height wise colors are beautiful.

• WizardsNThings
                    WizardsNThings commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The height difference is actually because that one was stunted for a while and I panicked and repotted in soil so that slowed it even more. But they both seem to be doing well now

Day107 / Week 8 of Flower: Chugging along! Pistils still ambering and buds fattening. SpliffBerry is a bit lighter green while Yummy is a darker green. The Yummy (small plant) has an interesting center cola as if two tops grew together. Looks like it's gonna be huge. My critical orange auto has finally started growing again but is a freak. I am going to repot it, think there is too much and there some algae on the surface.
                  2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                  260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL that little critical orange auto sure has taken a beating. Polypoid head? I had one on a sativa last summer they are fascinating but you gotta watch it for bud rot.

Day 113 / Week 9 of Flower: The SpliffBerry is starting to yellow all over so we are approaching the end. Watered with just some molasses for that one, and usual nutes for the Yummy (left plant) as it looks a few weeks behind with lots of white pistils sticking straight out. They both have very unique and tasty smells. The Yummy is like trix cereal...but I think I said that about my last grow too lol. The clones are all doing pretty well.
                  Last edited by WizardsNThings; 03-23-2020, 11:33 AM.
                  2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                  260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    2 thumbs up look great

• FunkyButtLovin
                    FunkyButtLovin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love that trix cereal flavor, I'm looking for something with that flavor in an auto.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X