Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Cured pretty nicely! Each has a unique smell. Got about 1.5oz of Yummy and 3.5oz of the SpliffBerry. The roots in the coco pot (SpliffBerry) were definitely much thicker and widely spread than the soil. The early stunting of the Yummy definitely affected it but glad I still got 1.5oz. Not sure if I'll do coco next time or soil...

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Bummer about to long but hey I bet she cures up great, maybe toss a green leaf or two in a jar. I got a feeling there's a lot of cloning attempts going on in the home grown weedies. I'm sure glad I did them and I got too many but folks will be coming around for some as weather gets better. And I've got lots of seed so no setbacks on waiting for shipping. Good Luck with the next grow

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    I think it maybe went a bit long in the pot, and that led to extra crisply fan and sugar leaves. I also think it went a bit long dry hanging (but they felt fine). I also do a wet trim and remove the big fan leaves, dry hang for 3-5 days, then a dry trim and jar to cure. Typically when they feel crispy I take them down and put in jars and they still end up around 70%. I think they will creep up to low 60s and be ok.

Yes, I have 4 clones of the Spliffberry, and 2 of the Yummy. I am going to try doing a mother from a newer Spliffberry clone and see what happens.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    First I will congratulate you for a successful grow and looks great in my eyes. Do you think you let it dry out to long in the pot or hanging? I do a wet trim at harvest then dry hang 3-4 days maybe longer depends on bud sizes and use a paper bag till they feel just abit squishy. I will burp as needed. Great job Wizards you growing clones from these?

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day ? : Chopped both last week. Dried for 6 days. I usually end up under drying a bit, then need to take out of the jars, which I prefer because then I can slowly bring it down to 62%. Both of these seemed to be a bit overdried surprisingly and are in the low to mid 50s, but slowly creeping up. I find it usually takes a few days to get back up anyways. The only problem I had was I think the SpliffBerry went a bit too long. There were lots of dried crunchy sugar leaves that were yellow and hard to cut out of the bud. I'm wondering if that will affect flavor at all, or just harshness of the smoke / appearance? The haul wasn't quite as much as I hoped but oh well. Looks like roughly 4zs, 1.5z from one plant, 2.5 from the other, but won't know til they cure a bit. I never want a grow to go this long again!

Although I have thoughts based on what others have said about why one plant was stunted early on (uppotting into too large of a container - maybe not the best to do with coco), the roots in the coco when I dumped it were insanely even and dense. Like, the entire 5 thing was a solid mass. Very impressive. Onto some clones now, and vegetable starts. Can't wait to try these. I got a TON of trim for edibles also which is always great. I still haven't found a good way to keep the hash/crystals on the rubber globes and tray.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    that's a shame. Still a success but those damn male bits are trouble

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    Bummer! This one has a very rough beginning of life and only started thriving after 40-45 days. Wonder if it was enough to cause it. Otherwise it’s been light tight, high 60s with low RH and 12/12. I keep the trim and use it for edibles so I’ll definitely be trying that with these. A lot of friends like the coconut oil cannacaps.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Yep that's a bananna could of been stressed good call chop it. Those are so pretty you did very well keeping your grow healthy. That will be some very mellow medicine. Are you making edibles?

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 120: Week 10 of Flower: Going to chop the SpliffBerry midweek. I now think the Yummy may be a hermie? Seems like it was progressing them started growing even more white pistils, and the buds don't seem to have that slightly pointy cola look to them, they are a bit more bulbous. I think I found some bananas, but maybe someone could help me identify if these are? Never had a hermie before.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    I love that trix cereal flavor, I'm looking for something with that flavor in an auto.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    2 thumbs up look great

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 113 / Week 9 of Flower: The SpliffBerry is starting to yellow all over so we are approaching the end. Watered with just some molasses for that one, and usual nutes for the Yummy (left plant) as it looks a few weeks behind with lots of white pistils sticking straight out. They both have very unique and tasty smells. The Yummy is like trix cereal...but I think I said that about my last grow too lol. The clones are all doing pretty well.
    Last edited by WizardsNThings; 03-23-2020, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    LOL that little critical orange auto sure has taken a beating. Polypoid head? I had one on a sativa last summer they are fascinating but you gotta watch it for bud rot.

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day107 / Week 8 of Flower: Chugging along! Pistils still ambering and buds fattening. SpliffBerry is a bit lighter green while Yummy is a darker green. The Yummy (small plant) has an interesting center cola as if two tops grew together. Looks like it's gonna be huge. My critical orange auto has finally started growing again but is a freak. I am going to repot it, think there is too much and there some algae on the surface.

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    The height difference is actually because that one was stunted for a while and I panicked and repotted in soil so that slowed it even more. But they both seem to be doing well now

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X