No announcement yet.

Really fresh Fish Poop... Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, man is this my kind of topic. Fish and their byproducts are great: meat, fertilizer. And I'm into worms vicariously through you guys. But I don't think I'm into yours homegrown. Butt or no butt.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL love it haaa haaa

Wow! Are we the only animal that has questionable poop for growing?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      weed grown in our own poo tastes like shit! However the plant was huge,,,

Me too I've had fungus gnats "fruit fly" type of bug but I never had so many I've needed to place strips in the tent...so far none. Really I don't or if I do they die within a day or so no real issue.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not like you open the tent and there are 50 flying around... it’s like 5-10 a day . I use diatomaceous earth to dust the top of the soil now and that stops the larvae but I’m not anxious to have those fruit fly things in my house so, I put those yellow 5x7” sticky cards all over the tent and over the course of 2-3 weeks, it caught them and the cards look like there was one every 1” apart BOTH SIDES! Yuck

Odds are your local golf course is fertilized with treated sewage.
    Milorganite is processed poop from Wisconsin. It works great for my gardens, though I've never used for weed. Your local city might make it, in ma bay state fertilizer sells 40lbs / $3.50!
    So it all works! lol

But back at the topic...
    I used to keep a goldfish in a bowl, water plants with dirty water every time I changed the bowl. Worked alright.

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      We use Milorganite to keep deer out of the garden.... works to a point but not as good as the dogs

There's another reason I don't play golf. Thanks for that, jimicloudstuff
    Isn't it a herbivore vs carnivore issue? Poop, I mean. I have a lot easier time considering eating or smoking anything grown with horse or cow or powdered chickens than I do with my, or any of your poop. Don't take that the wrong way.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

Hey Gingerbeard, ya im pretty sure it has to do with the decomposition of meat..i dont think your suppose to put any meat by-product in a compost pile or bin. These worms live in water...non of this slop was exposed to air. So im gonna do some digg'n and see what they are. Maybe i do a Solo cup challenge seed with this poop juice only. Call it the shitty grow.... lol.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Gingerbeard I like cremation or natural burial. My kitty died a few weeks ago, I took her body out behind the shed, covered it with grass and leaves, and left it to feed the earth and its creatures. That's how I'd like to go...

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        My red wriggler worms will decompose dead mice. Yours would too. That garbage about meat not decomposing in the compost bin simply isn’t true.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm all for cremation. Otherwise leave me where I fall and let the flies and carrion birds do their thing.
        And really, atu, leaves on the ground aren't different than on the compost. Everything still gets used. Returning to the earth either way.

Well...this is interesting. Brought the fish poop jar out into the light tonight...the volume of organic goop has increased by about a half an inch!. Lets have a look....
      Yep- going back out to the cool garage...
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm how's it smell? You can tell a lot about health by smell of pooo, really

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        With it that active, I too would put it in a cool place! Dont want it over flowing,,,

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, it pretty much smells like the muck out of a pond or creek bed. kinda muddy, rotten vegetation..that kinda smelly.

I had a question kinda in the same realm of thought( I’ll make a separate post about too) but I’ve seen a lot of things on YouTube about aquaponic farms using floating mats.. for their “hydroponic systems” where they have these massive pools of water with floating mats( I think pool noodle material) but they cut out holes and put their net baskets in and grow their plants.. but in the pool under the rafts are fish.. so they are using really fresh fish poo to grow the plants I hope this helps?
      Last edited by Daskahn; 12-29-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X