No announcement yet.

Grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's $2500 a year here to grow and sell to dispensaries and processors. As far as I know that is the one and only commercial growers license available here.

Comment

"I just don't wanna go to work anymore lol." You go into business for yourself , you will find out what work is. But I quit the last job I ever had in 1976 and I never regretted it. I will pray for your success and cheer your courage. Grow on !!
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

FunkyButtLovin, where are you located.

Comment

Eliot Pryor, thanks for the encouragement, I'm gonna stick with my day job for now but if I can figure out how to work for myself I'd happily settle for 75% of what I make now. These are just my first steps towards a wild dream of mine. If I can get two tents down to a science then I don't see why I can't do two pole barns full. Think big dream bigger my friends.

Comment

So, I'm having some sort of nutrient problem or ph problem, some of the pictures will show symptoms, I think I need a dose of cal mag. But not sure. I have been watering with filtered water with a ph of 6.7 and I'm growing in a mix of fox farm happy frog and ocean forrest with perlite mixed in. I am also using FF nutrient trio but barely have fed them. I diluted to .25 of suggested strength and fed less than scheduled. I have been away for three days for work and I first noticed signs of a problem 2 days before I left. The signs were insignificant and I thought it may be the plant using up stored nitrogen but now I'm worried that they are losing too many leaves too fast, I am only in day 35 of flower. Out of my 11 plants 4 are doing most poorly. Three of them look the same, curling, yellowing drying leaves, with loss of the oldest lowest leaves.The other plant is not yellowing at all but the leaves are clawing and their sides are curling inward, it has been a shit plant since sprout though.
            Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Huh well I've had similar looking problems for sure, definitely ph all I did was wait it out I dried soil out then flushed and waited. Buds matured still really good smoke. I am moving plants around in my tent with 6 rotating ?

• Mrblu
              Mrblu commented
              Editing a comment
              Pick the worst one and do a nutrient flush see what the outcome is. That far progressed might be your best option to readjust everything. Or maybe you need to amend your medium having happy frog in it, some microbe food?

Mrblu thanks. I am watering now on a three day schedule. I will flush one of the three showing similar symptoms and also the one clawing. Also after flushing I'm going to feed my microbes a little bit too, organic blackstrap molasses, unless you or anyone else has a better idea. I am thinking it can't be deficiency because the soil should be nutrient rich for at least a grow right? Or should I cal mag. A lot of the signs I am seeing look like the pictures of magnesium deficiency.

Comment

• Mrblu
              Mrblu commented
              Editing a comment
              Ocean forest is not necessarily good for the whole grow, happy frog could stay active longer, so it could be a deficiency if you have been going light on nutes considering how big your plants actually are. Or I read back a little and you said your watering at pH of 6.7 do you vary it at all, I believe if not nute lock out can occur.

SoOrbudgal I dont understand the last line of your post, are you asking if I am rotating the plants, if so, yes I am rotating the six that are not bound by netting, I'm not swapping their spots in the tent but I am giving them a 1/3 spin every day.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              yes that's what I meant but I forgot you were scog and I was also rotating plants when I have a crowd.

Also thanks for the input budget, Today is watering day so I will follow your advice.

Comment

Lol auto correct changed budgal to budget. Apologies.

Comment

Day 37 of flower. Had a lot of leaves turning yellow sooner than expected and found I had a range of problems, I was feeding light because I am using FFOF soil and thought it would do most of the work but I was wrong, I bought a soil tester and found that I have like 0 nutes left in the soil. I am calcium and magnesium deficient and no nitrogen either. On top of all that the ph test pen I am using was out of calibration so the water that I thought was 6.7ph was actually closer to 5.9 so I have deficiencies and lockout. Have fixed problems now and hoping it didn't stunt my yield too badly. They still look awesome. Watered today with some tiger bloom and a little cal mag and tiny bit of blackstrap molasses.
                Attached Files

Comment

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good catch SH. Plants are resilient.

Day 44 of flower. Every plant is different, they want different nutes, different amounts of water, and they are all maturing at different rates. Good old bag seed. Things seem to be going well though. One of my plants is looking a week or so out the rest are at least two weeks some probably more.
                Attached Files

Comment

Day 49 of flower. My most mature plant has like 5% amber tricromes, so pretty much I saw a couple turning on the most tippy top buds.the rest of plants are just starting to get milky or still clear but most tricromes have heads at this point. A few plants are starting to drop leaves now and some are barely starting to yellow on the bottoms. My two most finicky plants, which have seemed to claw and just overall not like anything have done are still producing nice looking flowers. I have fed the least mature plants what I think will be their last feeding of big bloom with a little blackstrap molasses and the rest I gave water with molasses. In 4 days half will start ph water flushing and the slow girls will get a little more sugar water. My weakest plant will yield at least 35 grams of final product. As of right now I am looking at an overall yield of well over a pound from 11 plants, but less than 2 for sure. Hard to tell at this point because some buds swell every day and others have stopped growing bigger. I am so happy with this but also know I could have done better. Next time I'm going to kill it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Day 52 of flower. Here's a couple pics of my furthest plant. Under the loop I am just starting to see the first signs of amber. All tricromes are milky. They look a lot more milky under natural light than I am able to show in the photos.
                    Attached Files

Comment

One more thing, while I'm sentimental. I recieved a few tips on here from other users and also read countless other tidbits of invaluable information on forums and user posts, I attribute the success I am having to those things being available to me and I thank you all. The other users and the people in charge of running this forum.

Comment

Almost there. A few days short of 8 weeks from 12/12 switch. I have about 80 buds the size of 8.4 oz redbull cans(some bigger some smaller, this seems like a good reference for average cola size)plus all the smaller buds. I cannot wait to make hash, been eyeballing extraction machines too. With my final yield it's looking like the money I will save from not having to buy will pay for all my gear. Plus some. Next go around I will be taking my savings and buying some sort of machine so I can make my own live rosin. Stay tuned for the goodies. They are close now.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lovely and so frosty

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X