an update and an RH observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an update and an RH observation

My Dutch Passions Purple #1 are one week into flower. This is my second grow. I've tried to apply what I've been learning on this web site as I go along. These are my girls as of this AM. I gave them a nice haircut yesterday. They are growing in soil. For this grow I've been adding 1/2 tsp of molasses per gallon of regular tap water every time the girls need a drink. I began adding FoxFarm Big Bloom 1 Tsp per gallon when I flipped the switch, again, every time the girls need a drink. And, I've worked with the PH to be a consistent 6.3 o 6.4 for every watering. I really like the way the leaves look. I'm trying to make sure every cola has access to the light. We'll see how that works out. I didn't think the HLG V2 100 4k light was quite enough for my 3x3 gorilla tent. Turns out HLG says the V2 100 is adequate for a 3x3 tent in Veg but only a 2x2.5 for flower. I had another V2 100 because I was going to have two small grow tents in operation at the same time, but I changed my mind about that. So, I added the other V2 100 and everything seems to be working just fine. Keeping the RH in an acceptable range has been quite the challenge. It fluctuates between high 30's to low 60's. I'm not seeing any issues with mold, parasites or creepy crawlies. I'm wondering if it's because of the drier air being produced by my home heating system? Other than the RH concerns everything seems to be going well. (fingers crossed).
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Unless i'm mistaken, that light is a 95w actual wattage which means 2 is 190. In a 3x3 tent that is 21 w/sq ft which is not enough for flower (try to aim for 50w). I know it says coverage is 3x3 but i dont think they are talking about cannabis as cannabis requires higher light intensity than most plants. They look good now, but you might find your buds are airy at harvest without adequate lighting. One of the most common reasons for airy, larfy popcorn buds is inadequate light. Your rh is fine, it's the light that is lacking.

Comment

I just ran a couple of auto plants under the HLG-100 3000K in a 3×3×4 space. The plants did well, yield was over a gram a watt, buds were tasty but very airy. The plants wanted to stretch due too the lower watts, just watch the headroom you have.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Looking very nice !! Strain is determining factor for dense buds. I didn't truly know what airy buds were until I grew an auto-flowering plant. Now I've grown 3 types of auto's and at least 10 different photo-period stains. Your lights are minimal for sure and that means it will take longer. I'm betting you'll have some great pot !!
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

You'll get lots of good light information.
          I'll comment on your molasses. That's a flowering thing that doesn't need to happen until your buds get to making crystals. My last harvest might have had molasses to early. Four weeks early. I might be convinced that molasses is only late stage flowering. Keep nutes going.
          I'm digging the plants and am always jealous of people like you who have badass lights I don't have and more space than me.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            With bad ass lights come obsessive compulsive buying disorder.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, Mr.furley. Obviously, we've never met.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X