Favorite medical strains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite medical strains

Hey all. Long time reader and stalker in the group, just recently started giving back input. I have Multiple Sclerosis and have used cannabis for a few years as my main tool to help ease pain and spasticity. I am having trouble keeping on top of the spasticity part. It's literally like having birthing contractions many days. Does anyone else deal with this or similar and if so, what strains seem to help your spasticity and or pain the best. I bought Afghan Kush thinking the Indica would be best, great stone but still dealing with spasms. All input on medical experiences welcome. I hope to find better relief.
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Good question Woodsman67 I am attempting my first grow to offset the $$$. My wife needs it. She has not been able to work for 2 years. So far all the doc's have come up with is fibromyalgia. When she does the smallest task such as filling out a form or the dishes her hands arms and legs all spasm and lock up. Anyways they have prescribed many pharmaceuticals which we have tried to stay away from.We have not found a particular strain yet but some are better than others. We got this high CBD Sour Diesel 15% CBD and 7% THC. She said it it instantly numbs her pain. But generally she likes a hard hitting indca for night (sleep better) and a nice mood lifting sativa for daytime use. Good luck and i hope you find some relief!
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Neural disease is never easy to diagnose or deal with. Great to hear a spouse supporting another in need of weed. My wife has been a huge support, that alone means the most.

If you cant sleep from the pain and spasms try GG4, Baked Alaska, Alskan thunderfuck etc. For the day if cbd based hemp is legal give it a try. The actual flower not the tabs etc etc. If that doesnt help try mixing say raspberry cough or Nitro Lemon haze with some cbd flower
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

I am licensed Medical Cannabis Patient Grower so hemp flower is definitely legal but, I think it lacks the benefits of THC. None of the strains I have tried so far have been CBD rich. Maybe that is something I need to add. Thanks for input Spidermite . Time to shop 😁
      I bet Bob Marley's mansion
      has a garden in the back
      Where he's growing something special
      Some celestial homemade hash
      we'll sit down on his front porch
      And listen to the angels band
      Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you really need to mix it with a thc high strain to get 100% relief. And I had tried hundreds of cbd products and none helped. Now with the Franklin CBD flower I grew it works. It is a whole different exp. I recommend Franklin.

00 seeds northern lights claims 19 thc and 5 cbd. its good weed but dont know abt spasms.

Comment

You may also want to look into CBG. It is in all cannabis but you can get strains like Bediol that is high cbd high cbg. Subcool seeds is also working on strains higher in cbg.

We had all our cbd plants tested and AC/DC had the highest cannaboids. However Franklin was lower in total CBD but it had more than twice the cbg. I can tell you for sure that it works great for pain when mixed with a thc strain. Of those two strains that was the only cannaboid higher in the Franklin than the AC/DC. And while the AC/DC works Franklin works better for me.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Spidermite I have a tenant who has MS. He is in and out of the hospital frequently. This spasticity is a major problem for him. I will pass this pertinent info on to him. Danke

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X