FFOF and FF Trio...when to fert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFOF and FF Trio...when to fert?

I'm about 3 weeks into my first indoor grow. I know the OF has enough power for a month or so, but is that a month of a real plant or with the tiny little guys I have right now? I'd like to put a bit of Big Bloom in the watering can and use it near the very edge of the pot. Let the roots discover it if you will. Since I'm new to the FFOF I'm hesitant to disrupt it at all but don't want to wait too long and miss the window to start mild nutes.

The soil schedule for the trio has the Big Bloom in use pretty much the whole way but I'm a bit leery at this point.

Thoughts?
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

fox farms ave very good nutrients and easy to use but you have to take into consideration that is meant to be used with hard water. if you are using RO water then you NEED to give the plant big bloom with every watering. just to be on the safe side FF recommends using it the whole cycle but if you have hard spring/well water then you can use the big bloom just once a week

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      btw, like you said, the soil has a lot of nutrients and very small plants dont use much, so you are using the big bloom to prevent calcium deficiency from developing once the plant is big and growing vigorously

Don't give your plants any nutes 'till they're at least 3-4 weeks old. Then only give them half of what is recommended.

Comment

When the color of the leaves begin to pale, that’s when they are hungry. Each strain will be different. There is no cookie cutter answer. If you are unsure about the plants color, wait until you see a few sets of leaves 3-4 weeks old) and start nutrients at 1/4 strength. You can increase the strength as the plant gets bigger.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Things are still dark green so will be a few weeks likely. I like to have answers before I have problems. The forum lends itself to that very well.

Thanks all

Comment

Trimmed this fan this morning. It was blocking two bud sites so off it goes. My concern is twofold...
          Deep green and slight claw. This is the CBD plant.

I'm now certain it wasn't over watering as the tips are still clawed and very dark after 4 days between drinks. I'm thinking the N is high in the Ocean Forest and thus the color and claw. It isn't getting any worse or even burning the tips so I think it must really be at the edge of good/bad.

Started FF Big Bloom at about 1/4 strength and thoroughly watered until a bit of runoff. Tested pH and all pots are in the 6-6.5 range so it seems a-ok so far.
          Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            another thing i forgot to mention is most nutrients are acidic, meaning they lower the ph. big bloom is basic so it does the opposite, just to take into consideration when mixing nutrients, it can be used to compensate ph-wise the very acidic tiger bloom when you have no ph buffers. its crazy expensive though

Thank You, nice to know that.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            you are very welcome, now that i think about it, if you feed only the big bloom you can use a few drops of tiger bloom to lower the nutrient solution ph before watering if needed

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Big bloom and grow big right now. Save the tiger bloom for flowering stage.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X