No announcement yet.

Update on my grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dphipps1020 This might help you: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-far-grow-lights

What I was thinking was that if you didn't have enough light before, you don't want to over-do it with too much light now. When a plant close to harvest is putting out lots of new stigmas, it can be a sign of fox-tailing caused by too much light.

Of course, the plant will throw out a few pistils in a last ditch effort to get pollinated, but you don't want to see major new bud development that close to harvest.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. I'm monitoring them closely for sure. Raised the light a few inches when I switched it so I think it should be fine. Posting pictures again

I think I'm going to go every other water with the molasses. Did one with and one without. Defoliated half of them again, going to do the other half in the next couple days and get more pictures. This one has not been defoliated yet.
    Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      It's quite lovely and unique.

So I already harvested 5 of the 11 plants. Pretty sure I harvested a little early on 3 of them. Letting the other 5 go until I have some more amber in them. Already replaced the 5 I cut down with 6 more that are already putting the other 11 I had to shame. Pictures of my tent now and some fatty nugs on my GG. The 6 that I replaced the others with are already going into week 2 of flower and the smallest is just a bit smaller than my biggest from last round and they still have some growing to do. Got about 3.5 oz from the first 5, have another drying, and have another 1-4 weeks on the rest is my guess. Pretty sure I'll get a bit more from the last 6. Even my smallest one is a beast and should give me about 3/4 to an oz. Definitely regretting cutting the other ones already. Good smell, decent flavor, and didn't get what I should have, but all have an excellent high so I can't complain too much. Will be holding out a little longer next time for sure.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Been there done that, sure do learn from it. Great job keeping them all going. You are doing so well.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I should really get some stakes to tie them up but I feel like them laying down is bulking them up more. The half laying down is almost double the size of what's standing up, it's crazy. And that's mostly due to underwatering, now probably more the weight of the buds. Can't wait to see how different the high is going to be since I have something to compare it to.

It’s that ants in the pants syndrome. It is a developing anxiety waiting as much 3 plus weeks to find that ideal look for your maturing plants. I’m guessing 99% go thru that.... there is a cure....inventory

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I did it on my last grow too and swore up and down I wasn't going to do it this time. Oops! Luckily I left the rest. Still getting antsy and wanting to chop though. My remedy for that, pulling out a jar and smoking some "early" weed. It's still good so I can't complain too much. As long as I learn from it and quit trying to rush it, it will only get better from here. Was actually thinking about doing another XXL reflector on the other side at 500W as well and keeping 2 of the LEDs in the middle. Still thinking that over though. If I do that I want to find a splitter so I can run 2 lights on a single ballast and I'm having trouble with that. Found a couple out of stock ones but they're for specific ballasts. Definitely going to keep searching and eventually I should find something. I'd like to do 1000W on each side but I'm afraid of the heat and electric bill on that. Maybe one day but probably not any time soon.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      dphipps1020 I have an XXL hood and it’s a big unit. Too big....I don’t know that my 1000w HPS used a ton of power but I was not measuring anything then but nutes.
      The 2x4’ led frames are physically bigger but don’t have the big height as the XXL. Those things are maybe 1.25” thick over all allowing a greater lift in a low ceiling long before it bangs into the fans and vent tubes.

You’re right though, I’ve also had all different combinations of lights running at the same time and the yields were remarkable

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      So the way I'm trying to do it is fill half the tent every month or so that way I have half just starting flower and half about halfway through. The new ones I'm putting under the LED side for height and once the other side is harvested I will move those under the HPS side to bulk up. I figure the first few weeks they're mostly just growing taller and developing buds so the LEDs should be perfect there. And the last half they're working on bulking up so I'm thinking HPS should be great. Pretty sure I can increase my yields by doing it that way. Guess we'll find out. I haven't run into an issue with height just yet so the XXL hood isn't a problem. I actually think that hood is perfect for running lower wattages in a bigger space, working well for me anyway. Plants are still coming out short but they're bushy with fairly even canopies so it should still be a decent harvest in a couple months on the new ones.

alltatup and JohnEmad
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Cut down 2 more tonight GG and I'm not sure what the other one is. Tent is emptying out a little bit. Thinking I may need another tent to get my cycles going properly and keep my 8x8 full. The newest ones are already finishing week 2 of flower and starting to smell a little. So far I'm sitting at about 4.25 oz and have 5 to go. Hoping for over an oz from the GG and at least another half oz from the other. 3 are still growing and should give me another 2 oz, maybe more.
      Attached Files

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Yeah the last GG I cut down was good but this one already smells way better. I feel like it's a high potency, high yielding strain for sure. Buds seem to get a bit more plump than my other strains so far. The baby one I can't wait for. I'm pretty sure it's GG as well but it's only about a foot tall but has 8 thick 6" colas on it so I'm anxious to see how much I'll get from her. And she smells so sweet too! I've been getting a few seeds out of them as well, seems to be my luck all the time. But every one I've grown from my weed has been female so I'm good with a few free plants. It's not only nice to have the room, it's nice to live alone so I can use it. That tent takes up my entire dining room. I wasn't using it for anything else though so I'm glad I could do something useful with the space.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        What's for dinner?

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Gee willikers...you said the magic words.... “live alone”

Cut down the little mini plant tonight. Super excited to see how much I get from her. Only about a foot tall but should give me a half oz plus looks like, maybe. So I'm down to 2 now. Both almost there but I want to give them another week or 2 for the amber. I didn't let the last couple get too amber but they have a few.
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X