Update on my grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my grow

Some of you already know about my grow, but for those that don't here's the details... Growing 3 different strains in amended soil, GG, Str8 Lemonade, and TK91. Not sure what the flowering time is or height on any of them but I did a mix anyway. I know that's not recommended but I wanted some variety when all is done. Anyway, I'm using a mix of FF Ocean Forest and Happy Frog as my base soil, also used the same mix for my amended soil. Using fabric pots, 5 and 7 gallon to see which works best for me. I have 3, 1200W equivalent LEDs (about 130W actual power draw each) and a 1000W HPS light dimmed to 750W in an 8x8' tent. Been watering about every 3-4 days with plain tap water. Switched to 12/12 on Nov 1 after defoliating and just did another defoliation on them. I may have gone a little overboard but I hope I'm wrong. All the ladies have been very happy and are already showing off a lot of pretty bud sites.
    Attached Files

Hey phipps, looking good!!! You've left lots of space for the develpment of huge buds!! I'm subbed!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Yeah I'm stoked, should be a good grow. All my previous grows were either failures or really small with little yields. If I get a pound (and I'm sure I will get more) I will definitely be happy with the results. Probably be updating every couple weeks

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy flowering!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

UPDATE! Going into week 4 of flower, figured I should update again. I know it's only been a week but I see a lot of progress and buds already, and it already smells amazing! Probably just excited cause this is my first good grow (more than 3 oz). So I had to move my last girl in flower over cause I'll be using my other 4x4' when I transplant my babies in the next day or 2. It's super small and I'm embarrassed to even have it in the front, but she's almost done. The other small one I moved back from my 2x2' tent because I started germinating 8 more seeds. I was trying to let her grow more before turning her but she decided she wanted to flower now, even with 18/6, so I decided to experiment. That one is still in a 2 gallon plastic pot with just my FFOF and Happy Frog blend and nothing else. Going to see the difference between the soil mix and the amended soil. Had a friend who used to grow tell me the blend has just about everything for a full grow so I'm going to test it. Mainly because I can't transplant it now anyway, but also because I want to see. I figure it's small enough that it hopefully won't get root bound so my main concern is the nutrients. Anyway, enjoy, I know I do.
    Attached Files

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      P.S. I know it's hard to see with the LEDs but the color is good on all of them. No discoloration, weird growth or any of that. Also just defoliated again so those buds fatten up nicely. Used my lux meter earlier to make sure everything was getting good light and made adjustments accordingly, good investment by the way. Think I paid less than $20 for it.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a lux meter, too; a good little tool to have around! They all look fantastic, and the buds are coming in great!! Very nice training.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I can't wait to see them in a few weeks

Great space you got there dphipps1020 plenty of light to get the rewards your looking for seems like. Plants seem very happy I can't wait to see the jungle LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. I keep opening the tent every day hoping that's what I see, and then I remember I still have a while lol

Sheeesh on my days off i'm in and out looking too many times at the tent. Lights on and i'm giddy again LOL like a kid waiting for santa
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Preeeeeeeee cisely!!!!!

Took one out for a photo shoot. Just over 2' tall from the top of the soil. A majority of them are this big, or close. No deficiencies and still growing strong.
    Attached Files

Comment

End of week 5
      Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking extremely healthy and strong!!!

Harvest. Any guesses to what my weight will be after dry?
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I guessed on the other thread but i'll say again....4oz dry

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a clue. I'm still terrible at guesstimating.

Take a rough rough rough estimate....... multiply your wet weight by .36

Comment

End of week 5. Smelling really good already. Not sure what the flowering time is on any of these but I'm hoping I have at least one strain on the shorter end and can harvest in about 4-5 weeks. Either way I'll have some decent size ladies to replace them with when they're done.
        Attached Files

Comment

Pretty ladies ❤️, growing so healthy and vigerous, keep us updated

Comment

Just started adding molasses to my water. Going to see how much I can get them to fatten up in the last few weeks. Already have some good color going, lots of nice bright orange pistils. Smell is getting more intense, very fruity mostly citrus (guessing that's mostly the Straight Lemonade). Just finishing week 6 of flower.
            Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm closing in also dphipps1020 I just clipped a bud that's same age as your grow had to check trichs and I have cloudy on it so yes I do believe 1may be 2wks and other 2 3-4wks? You are rockin it lots of pretty buds, way to grow!!

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. First good grow in a year and a half so I'm really excited. Now I just have to be patient and wait so I don't harvest too early. I've had some good buds but low yields and harvested a little early I think. Trying to change it all around this time.

So apparently I'm an idiot. I just checked my ballast because I was thinking about upping it to 100% (1000W) because I thought it was only at 750W and it turns out I've been running it at 50% instead of 75% this whole time! How frustrating! I probably would have had so much more growth by now. Oh well, better late than never right

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I did something like that once: forgot to switch out the bulb when I switched to 12/12. Very small harvest, so I wish you better luck!!!

• Eliot Pryor
              Eliot Pryor commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah you can beat yourself up over that forever, that's what I do. But I'll bet you never make that mistake again. Learn something everyday. Thanks for sharing it helps all of us. Good Growing !!
              Last edited by Eliot Pryor; 12-20-2019, 08:19 AM.

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Will still be a good harvest but probably would have been better if I caught it sooner. I'm almost sure I still have at least 3-4 weeks until at least one strain is ready so I have plenty more growth coming. I'll be excited no matter what cause it will definitely be more than my best yield so far (was only about 2 1/2 oz, chopped early nutrient problems pH etc but was still a good high), probably at least a pound.

A little extra flower time never hurt. It is nice that you have a little extra juice to hit the girls with. Just watch those trichomes.

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I haven't paid attention to them yet, still have some time. Got a lot of orange pistils but still too many new white ones growing. Definitely will start watching them in a couple weeks though.

phipps, if you have lots of white stigmas emerging, you might be giving her too much light...
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wasn't thinking that as a possibility. I don't think I've been giving them enough light. I only had my ballast at 50% (500W) for about a 6x4' area. While my reflector hood is huge, I feel like I was giving bare minimal lighting. Still have a few weeks till the harvest window (I think), may be even longer. I didn't get the seeds from a seed bank and the only strain I found info on is the GG so I'm really just guessing. I'm trying the light at 75% for a little bit to see if there's a big difference. If not I've already decided I'll be switching it back. So far things look good so we'll see.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X