SoCal rain water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal rain water

For those growing outside in SoCal, what do you think about the coming rain and the air quality? With the smoke and dust and general smog I'm not sure I want to put mine out for a bath. Although they probably need one because the smoke and dust and general smog I mentioned.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
    For those growing outside in SoCal, what do you think about the coming rain and the air quality? With the smoke and dust and general smog I'm not sure I want to put mine out for a bath. Although they probably need one because the smoke and dust and general smog I mentioned.
    Not to mention the leaching glyphosate! https://justicecounts.com/class-acti...ifornia-wines/

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in health class in junior high school. The teacher mentioned there was a poison in apples. I raised my hand and said there is cyanide in apples. It dawned on me that we had watched the same episode of G.I. Joe the day before. It must have dawned on the teacher that we had watched the same show because he gave me an almost embarrassed look. GO JOE! Knowing is half the battle.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Neil Young doesn't chase ambulances.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I've only had one dab starramus. Where does Neil Young fit in?

I remembered the article said, "
    Glyphosate is used in almost 700 herbicides, but Roundup is by far the most widely used." A single product containing a single product is getting the heat. That means 699 herbicides with glyphosate are or not causing cancer?
    It really is a shock ad.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Many judgements against Monsanto have been awarded. Of course Monsanto is appealing these decisions. During these deliberations far more facts were presented.that you or I do not have access to. Actually 750 herbicides contain glyphosate. Scientists working for the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the WHO evaluated studies and reported that glyphosate is probably carcinogenic. I will not be using any herbicide that contains this chemical. Will you with confidence that it is safe?

Comment

Well, no. That's what I'm getting at.
        Why is one company and one of their products that contains a bad chemical being singled out when the bad chemical is used by so may other companies? The bad chemical is such an omnipresent and omnipotent bad chemical that, kinda, the whole industry should be looked at. But consider this. To help make tobacco and alcohol illegal are the simple warning labels that tell you they are bad and not good for anything. Buildings in California get away with using known cancer causing in buildings by putting up little signs, somewhere, letting people know not to eat the paint chips.
        The company was using the chemical while possibly knowing it to be carcinogenic. Think J&J baby powder. Think asbestos. We know the tobacco industry did it on purpose. What happened to them? Ineffective donations to anti-smoking campaigns and other acts of 'good faith.' The company got a huge fine. It will be appealed and severely reduced. Other law suits will come up. In the end, there is going to be a label on products containing the bad chemical letting people know not to play bad chemical squirt gun fight with their friends and neighbors and that it is not meant to be used for psoriasis or sunscreen. Someone do a survey of how many people 'quit' smoking by using vaporizers (I am NOT saying people don't and haven't done it), how the sales of cigarettes went down in relation to the sales of vaporizers going up, and how the market will take an upswing should vaporizers be banned, please.
        I don't use chemicals on plants. Save the plumeria with the bugs and the neem oil that stank and didn't do anything. I did that thing with the hydrogen peroxide and water stuff I sprayed on buds as a prophylaxis to WPM I thought I was getting. I'm all about H2O2, baking soda, biodegradable dish soap, vinegar, and water for pests and general household cleaning supplies. Figure you use some sort of soap when you wash your hands. A solution of that soap and water will clean handprints on walls and refrigerators and such surfaces as well as a commercial product. Toss in some H2O2 and baking soda and you have a light, sanitizing scrubbing cleaner.
        I use a commercial spray and scrub cleaner when a good scrubbing is due. Freaking absolutely freaking nothing freaking with freaking bleach! I would rather be a dirty hippy with dingy socks than go around with bleach smelling feet.
        We don't have all the facts to anything.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Crap! That was a long comment.

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait? Dont eat the paint chips? But they hold the salsa so well

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I cannot argue with you LurkingInTheGrass. You can park your paint chips in salsa for an hour and they won't go soggy.
          I make salsa with vegetables I used Round-Up on and soil I amended from my local beach. Fully not intending to inhale more than I thought was safe, of the Round-Up. Nor removing my goggles to wipe the sweat off. I got heartburn when I did so I took a Ranitidine. That didn't help so a good ol' fashioned vape pen from origins unknown hit he spot. Mmm... 'Orange Powder Monkey Love' juice. Tasted a little like salty caramel. Luckily I remembered his one bit of life advice pa' gave me on my tenth birthday. "Gingerbeard, my red headed step child, always use baby powder on your butt and groinish area when you're working the garden. It helps keep the chafing away."
          I so have the munchies.

LurkingInTheGrass the first picture shows some of the paint chips that got caught in my neighbors welcome mats. It's worse in many other places. The second picture is a rusty welded joint on galvanized steel, leeching rust, and paint being sandblasted off by sand and salt. I've only done a little welding and a fair amount of grinding. Never did anything with galvanized. That being said, I'm only guessing that galvanized metal needs to be primed before painting? Having welded and ground/grinded welding joints, I know they're supposed to be sanded and primed. The building is a little more than 6.5 years old.
        You bring the salsa, boy-o, and I'll bring pounds of chips. Virgin. Right off the rail. Never touched the ground/grinded. Find you a bag of that at your local GNC! Probably won't.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X