Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of strain and growing method should I choose ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of strain and growing method should I choose ?

Hello! I got two growing experience on regular growing tent. I used MH and HPS lights before. This time I'm going to grow in a little wooden wardrobe. Size is just 80x55 cm. I got two square 15W CFL leds.
    I like to choose sative strains but do you think is it possible in these conditions? Whats your tips for my new experience?

2.6 ft x 1.8 ft? You wont be able to grow anything meaningful with that setup. The space is too small for flowering and the light is too weak for it as well. I would read this and get something that you can grow in. I have a 2ft by 1ft by 2ft "grow box" that i use only for seedlings. I originally got it for a whole grow (first time growing) but quickly realized that it was not going to work as i didnt have enough height for the plant, container and lights. Plus the amount of light you need to flower causes heat issues in such a small space.
    This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

There many grow lights that work well for growing cannabis indoors, but they boil down to 3 popular types: fluorescents (CFLs, T5s), HIDs (MH, HPS, LEC) and LEDs. Learn the differences so you can pick the best option for your setup!
    Last edited by Tersky; 11-19-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh i was under the assumption that 80cm was the height. Just realized that you may be talking about width and depth. If you have 5ft or so of height then you can grow a plant in that size box but the light is still an issue.

I agree about the light Tersky but not about the space. The first picture gave me two plants with a little over an ounce each. This is a 2x2 space. The second picture is also two plants that wound up not fitting in the 2x3 space I created by removing the dividing wall doviding. I had to take them out of the tent because they wouldn't fit. Well over an ounce each. With better light and not a whole bunch of training, photo seeds, and time, you'll get a jungle.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I was under the assumption the 80cm was height. If he has more than that then i agree with you that his space size is adequate as i grow in a 2x2x5ft space.

Other than some really sad looking seedlings, don't expect much out of that set up. How tall is the wardrobe you were going to use? You might be able to get away with one plant, but you would need to increase your light...especially with growing Sativa. Northern Lights is a fairly robust strain, and is fairly resilient. But until you boost the lighting situation A LOT, don't expect much. Think about it this way. You have a dog. It has the potential to be a great runner, super healthy, very strong, and able to work hard. But you don't feed it enough. You give it a couple of Kibbles of shit food. And then you wonder why it doesn't live up to it's potential. Lighting is super important for pot. Yes, it grows like a weed even in most austere conditions, but if you don't give it even the bare minimum of what it needs, you won't get anywhere. There's lots of resources out there that can help you with your grow. From room set ups, lighting specifications, nutrients, humidity, temperature. Try finding either the "Marijuana Grow Bible", "Growing Elite Marijuana" or even Robert Bergman's free PDF download. Grow weed easy website (this one) has a TON of information in it...It literally takes you by the hand and guides you step by step. One last thing: Generally speaking, the MINIMUM watts/square foot is 50-75W. So, you're going to need A LOT more TRUE WATTAGE for even one plant in your wardrobe.

Comment

thanks for info

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Troll go drag yourself under a bridge

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Old thread.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X