How do I choose a mother plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I choose a mother plant?

I have ordered several strains of feminized seeds, now that they are here I want to use them to start a couple mother plants. What is the best way to go about this, should I take plants to flower and then choose one or what? I have never cloned before but I am well read so not totally in the dark, any pro tips would be cherished.

Plant the seeds, top or train for many branches, cut/clone a few branches while leaving enough foliage to keep the mother alive, grow those clones out to flower, and repeat.
    For soil plants...Every 1/2 year to year (strain dependent) you will need to trim the roots back and replant in fresh soil.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

There are a couple ways i have read to do it. One is to grow the plant and keep it in veg and take clones then flower the clones once they rooted to see potency. The other is to take clones and flower the original plant and then chose a mother from the clones. This is if you are phenotype hunting i think. If you just want to start a mother plant without phenotype hunting just chose a healthy and vigorous plant and do what toker1 suggests. I dont think it matters one way or the other and is more personal preference. I have never had a mother plant but have been thinking of doing one so im subbed to see what everyone else says as well!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X