Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS)

Just wondering if anyone else just heard of this condition? Posted a link if anyone's interested..found it to be interesting. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326357.php

I’m very skeptical of such diagnoses, but I haven’t read enough to properly have an opinion. I guess I need to read some more, including research. I know one person’s anecdotal experience with CHS doesn’t equal proper research done, but sometimes that’s how things start.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here s62. I've only read about this issue, never known anyone who actually had it. That being said, im not saying that it doesn't exist but there are many things that could be the culprit, not just the thc. Things like, where did he get the pot from? Was it legal weed or not? Legal weed would be safer as they have rules as to what is put on the plant where as some of the illegal weed is grown without a care for the consumer. Also if i found out my kidneys were shutting down and they gave me a CHS diagnosis i would probably stop smoking but thats just me...

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      There is some talk of Chs being caused from NEEM oil use on cannabis.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have heard about neem oil too. Seems to be an urban legend. There was a reported case of a guy drinking it and getting the same effects as Chs. I don’t think that is a convincing argument at all. No one is drinking it in these cases. Anyway, the time lines do not add up. Chs being so new to our vocabulary, and neem oil definitely is not.
      I believe the time line more matches up with a newer product called azamax. It is concentrated neem oil. Only made for root drenches. The concentrated neem does not wash off the foliage like the regular neem does. It lasts and sticks around much longer. I believe improper use of this product (people use is incorrectly as a foiler spray) is the most likely culprit.

I'm in the same boat as everyone here..I too will have to research this more..thxs for your input.

Comment

Tersky very well said that's what I was thinking.but yet they ban spinoside in Canada..

Comment

Originally posted by Greengringo View Post
        Tersky very well said that's what I was thinking.but yet they ban spinoside in Canada..
        Wow, why would the ban Spinosed? That is my go-to bug killer and it is save all the way through harvest. As oppose to Neem oil. That stuff sucks and it make weed taste like shit.

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more kingfish..

Comment

The article maybe is just written confusingly, but from what I’m gathering, this person kept smoking cannabis after they had been told to stop. Multiple times. Even after multiple hospitalizations.
            Also, when they ultimately got sick and died, I thought they were no longer smoking? And how do you die of dehydration outside of the desert or a rave (serious question)? This person puked to death? Couldn’t they have had IV fluids? I know they had kidney failure or whatever, but wasn’t that due to dehydration?
            Gorilla 3x3
            LEC 315
            Kind Soil
            Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Tersky
              Tersky commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking a lot of the similar things. Also, this was a child? What happened to parenting? A lot of things seemed strange in this scenario to me, but at the same time if an actual doctor told me that it was CHS i would probably listen to them and quit. I'd consider it like an allergic reaction as those can develop for no rhyme or reason it seems and just consider it bad luck and move on with my life.

It seems there are a lot of these stories but no one who has seen it personally. And i know a lot of potheads so that says something!

• s62
              s62 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, agreed. Part of that may be its rarity, but man... Seems weird.

I also Agree!!.

Comment

There was a big article on this in leafy about 3 months ago...maybe it sheds more light. Although a few days ago after eating a few grams, I woke up nauseated and ready to hurl...yuck

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you eat food after ingestion?

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                alltatup No, just went to bed....does that make a difference? How about when you take caps before going to sleep? Never thought about that.

I have to admit that I'm skeptical about it and see it as something that's been planted in news to scare people. I'm a total conspiracy theorist: this is circulated by big phartma
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Tersky I was just playin around, bein a jerk.

I don't think I'm a real conspiracy theorist, but I certainly do believe and know (see it in paper every day!!!) that a lot of lies are being told, it seems to be the gold standard these days: how well can you lie, make a shit ton of money and get away with murder? Isn't that what big pharma does every day? They LOVE the health crisis created by doctors got lots of perks from the pharma reps to promote the use of opioids. All these whores have their hands in each other's pockets.

And you see these stories pop up about how dangerous Cannabis is, what it does to teenage brains, etc, etc, and I'm skeptical about all of it. Follow the hand and see whose pocket it ends up in...

• Tersky
                Tersky commented
                Editing a comment
                I didnt think you were a jerk alltatup. I was afraid i put my foot in my mouth! I agree that a lot of lies are told as well. Some people will say anything to get a buck and that's unfortunate.

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                Sadly, I’m so friggin trusting and have always been ... if someone tells me they know this, that or the other thing... I’d say ok great and take it for something that may be so. Fortunately. I won’t just rely on it without proving it through. But I do believe pharmaceutical companies are just blood sucking machines whose primary goal is to line the pockets of shareholders long before the benefits of the products they supply. There is obviously a need and a place for drugs but not at the expense of other people’s welfare or well-being. Do we all remember the prick CEO who raised the price of epipens?

kingfish you say Neem makes the buds taste like shit? How do you know it was the neem? Also did you use it during flower? Meaning did you spray the buds? What was the neem source?

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                Cali, When I first stated growing, I used neem oil to get rid of Spider mites both in vegging and in flowering. I won't use it again because there are better ways to kill "The Borg". For example Spinosed AND Safer's soap. The source was pure Neem oil. It makes the buds taste just like it smells.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                And it stinks.

• jimicloudstuff
                jimicloudstuff commented
                Editing a comment
                So neem is an oil. Any oil you spray on your buds will interact with other the good oils in the trichomes. That said pre flower I love neem, has a npk as well as many other benefits. They use it as soap, and even eat it in parts of the world....for thousands of years.
                This site says never spray flower, which seems a great rule of thumb, but when I get caterpillars a polar spray has no effect on trics(imho).
                I had a point.....right! Any oil, neem, peppermint, whatever, will probably change the makeup of your flower.

alltatup thanks for the link, Ive read that myself before. I wouldn’t use anything in flower if I had to I would just cut the plant and start over. That’s why I asked kingfish when and how he used it. May just be user error.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Cali Nope, my bad, just a misunderstanding now cleared up. ;-}

kingfish oh ok I see. I use neem cake on my soil mixed in and also bubble some in 2 gallon of water then sparky the plants and water my soil with it. This is about my 4th grow and I don’t taste it on my buds. Maybe because I don’t use it anywhere near flower cycle maybe I’ll use it before the flip that’s it

Comment

There is a new condition affecting smokers at a growing rate??? That's like saying there's a new illness among vodka drinkers. No, there isn't. Not unless the cosmos has flipped a few times and molecules have gone to the showers. There are preexisting conditions that can be exacerbated by drugs. No shit. If more people are smoking weed, then, yes. I guess more people would be getting CHSwhatsits. If people are putting out bunk dope, yeah, there's a thing.
                Mmmm…. Satan? Nah, just e-cigs.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

kingfish let some lavender flowers sit in water for about 24-48hrs then strain and spray your plants really well on top and under leaves that should take care of the spider mites also blows up the eggs. Plus it’s good nutrition for the plants. Look up camphor it’s in the lavender flower.

Comment

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As many books that I have read on weed, I have never seen that mentioned and I hope I never need to use it but, I’m glad you brought it up 👍. Are the flowers fresh or dry

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There are so many essential oils that make good pesticides; I'll bet you could use lavender oil mixed in water and sprayed. All the mints are very hot undiluted, so you can kill wasps with wintergreen oil in a spray.

• quirk
                    quirk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Orange oil. Organic. Active ingredient, the terpene d-limonene. No more arthropods.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X