How important is the #12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How important is the #12?

Last edited by JDU; 11-30-2019, 03:35 PM.

I don’t remember where I read this but it basically said that over the course of a full flower term, you are losing 3 weeks of light exposure by cutting the time frame down and buds need that light time to ripen and mature

Comment

Why would you give it more dark? Plants need light for growth so by cutting your light time, you will also be cutting your yields. On the GWE website it mentions that the plants only need a minimum of 10 hours of uninterrupted dark to continue flowering. I'm sure you can leave it at 12/12 and still be able to vent just fine for 30 minutes to an hour. Just my thoughts

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you link where it says 10 hours dark will flower cannabis? From my experiences 12 is the minimum but i may be wrong.

You can also raise the temps of the tent if you use CO2. But with enough airflow, higher temps will still grow nice buds if you water enough and have enough air. Kelp, humic acid, and silica supplements can also increase the plants ability to handle higher temps.

Inside I've had decent grows in the upper 80s. Outside here it hit 105 and the plants did just fine. But they seem to be able to handle much higher temps outside.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Buds dont get 12 hours of sunlight in nature so why should they in indoors? I feel like people are stuck on 12/12 to much. I feel like 12/12 actually stresses out the plant because its barely getting enough of a dark period to initiate flowering and its like that from week1 flower till harvest. Im getting ready to try this lighting method soon. https://www.growweedeasy.com/12-1-lighting-method
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

I have read some Ed R discussing the 'critical dark' period. Not finding the exact article I was looking for (in it he talked about some indicas being able to go to 8ish hours dark and sativas to go as low as 9.5 - and I think he was specifically talking landraces)

different article, mentions critical dark
          Here’s all the details you need to know about the best way to determine the picking time of your marijuana buds: Ripening facts, trichomes and more.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X