Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tent size and lights, how much does it matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tent size and lights, how much does it matter?

i have a 150w led light. in a 90x90cm tent. and it's underpowered for this size, but, if i were to LST the plants, and always keep it under the lights, would the tent size matter?

i'm talking about the reflective material. does it matter if it's 30 cm further away?

I have a 350 watt LED in a 2'x'2 and it's perfect to get me 2' tall plants after doing a lot of LST. 150 is way under powered. I wouldn't do 90x90 with anything less than 450. Tent size matters for much. You can fill your space with a large producing strain and lots of LST. Veg time is up to you. Height wise, you have to figure how tall your plants can get. Distance from top of tent to top of light. Thickness of the light. Minimum distance the light can be from the top of your plants. Height of your pot. The space between the minimum distance and the top of the pot is how tall you can grow.
    Take a look at this link. It'll show you what time and patience can do.. Experience is important. Following instructions is super duper important. It's only an example.
    To "flux" cannabis means to build a grid-like manifold at the base of the plant. This creates many big colas and can help maximize yields from a grow light!

Paint is a horrible program for the most part. But it's been a long time since I drew a diagram.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Height.png
Views:	250
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	348851
    Last edited by Gingerbeard; 11-11-2019, 10:32 PM.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
      I have a 350 watt LED in a 2'x'2 and it's perfect to get me 2' tall plants after doing a lot of LST. 150 is way under powered. I wouldn't do 90x90 with anything less than 450. Tent size matters for much. You can fill your space with a large producing strain and lots of LST. Veg time is up to you. Height wise, you have to figure how tall your plants can get. Distance from top of tent to top of light. Thickness of the light. Minimum distance the light can be from the top of your plants. Height of your pot. The space between the minimum distance and the top of the pot is how tall you can grow.
      Take a look at this link. It'll show you what time and patience can do.. Experience is important. Following instructions is super duper important. It's only an example.
      To "flux" cannabis means to build a grid-like manifold at the base of the plant. This creates many big colas and can help maximize yields from a grow light!

Paint is a horrible program for the most part. But it's been a long time since I drew a diagram.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Height.png
Views:	250
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	348851
      i know it's underpowered. i'm asking if the reflective material being 30cm further than it should be could be an issue

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought, last night. Must have been the excitement about my diagram.
        I was trying to show there is a minimum you have to consider. With my LED I keep the light minimum distance which is 16" for flowering and 20" for veg. Pulling your light further away will cast light over a larger area. It's quality over quantity. Whereas everything will be lit, the quality of the light degrades. The reflective material works the same way. The farther you pull it away from your light source and light target, the less light will be reflected.
        I wonder if keeping the light low and moving the pot throughout the day would help.

Originally posted by LosSerpent View Post
      if i were to LST the plants, and always keep it under the lights, would the tent size matter?

i'm talking about the reflective material. does it matter if it's 30 cm further away?

Not everybody uses reflective material. The problem is not the distance, it's the light. True, 30cm away wont add usable reflective light but you dont have enough light to begin with. You can flower one plant with the light you have, but not more than that and be happy with the results. That light can cover maybe a square foot of usable light.

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post

Not everybody uses reflective material. The problem is not the distance, it's the light. True, 30cm away wont add usable reflective light but you dont have enough light to begin with. You can flower one plant with the light you have, but not more than that and be happy with the results. That light can cover maybe a square foot of usable light.
        the pot size is what matters tho... if it's 4 plants in small pots it's almos the same as a big one in a big pot...

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont understand why that matters. It's going to yield the same whether you do 4 small or one big.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X