Pistols growing out of fan leaf stem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistols growing out of fan leaf stem?

So the plant is healthy (Bruce Banner 3 wk 5 flower) tho a little nute burned. Have found 11 finger leaves on it ect. Was removing a fan leaf that was blocking some bud sites and noticed it had pistols on it. Thought i had accidentally clipped a bud but looked at the leaf and there is a little bud growing out of the leaf stem where the fingers all meet. I googled it and read on another forum that it's some rare recessive genetic trait but it was only on one forum that i could find. Anyone else had any experiences with this?

Growing with 315 lec, 70/30 coco perlite mix, 3gallon fabric pots, 3x3 tent, GH Flora Trio, GH Liquid Koolbloom, GH Calimagic

Jackpot Tersky
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I get lucky with my genetics it seems. I had a Sour Diesel polyploidy a few years ago that produced some GOOD bud. The damn buds looked like a Magnum ice cream pops!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Magnificent!!!

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        No kidding It's so exciting when a plant does that. Double jackpot!!

I've seen calyces form on leaves on some of my plants.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting! I've never seen that before!

Were there also bud sites at the leaf nodes?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        It looked like it could have been a little bud just growing out of the leaf but it was not a bud site i chopped accidentally. I made sure of that.

Nice 11 pointer! That Sour Diesel turned out great too! Maybe one day i can grow as good as you. On the first picture of the Sour Diesel to the left the is an upside down water bottle. Is that a humidifier? I have looking at amazon for humidifiers since my tent gets as low as 35% RH. I have been using a tupaware full of water with a coat hanger supporting a rag. I change the rag every few days because i am scared of mould.
      Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
      Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
      Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
      2 small 6" fans
      Promix HP
      GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it was my first little humidifier for a smaller grow box. Had to get a bigger one for the tent. It doesnt help as much as i wanted but does help a little.

Awesome i have to get one soon. I just fed my plants some nutes and switched my viparspectra to both veg and bloom lights on im worried about my temps and RH.
      Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
      Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
      Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
      2 small 6" fans
      Promix HP
      GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X