New grow room materials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grow room materials?

Hi guys anyone have any ideas for wall/ceiling material. I'm aware of sheetrock, green board, Azec sheeting, the thin fiberglass sheeting used to line a shower. The last option would be good but it's too thin and would require backing. I'm going with glue down linoleum for the floor.
    Thanks all.

If you're using linoleum you have a good chance to make a basin on your floor. Cut an extra 4" - 6" wider than the actual dimension and run it up the walls. You'll have to remove some from the corners.
    If sheet rock is an option, go with that. It's sturdy. You can apply any coating you want. It'll last a while.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
      If you're using linoleum you have a good chance to make a basin on your floor. Cut an extra 4" - 6" wider than the actual dimension and run it up the walls. You'll have to remove some from the corners.
      If sheet rock is an option, go with that. It's sturdy. You can apply any coating you want. It'll last a while.
      Yes I plan on running the lino up the walls. Sheetrock is a mediocre option though I would rather something water proof if possible.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Green board is mold and moisture resistant, then just cover it with Panama film. I use Osb for the price and ability to run screws wherever I need.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Horti...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I used this and started at the bottom of the wall and layered 2 more runs overlapped like a roof. It’s waterproof to the point of not getting saturated, water spray just rolls off and with a staple here and there it stays up and removes with minimal effort . Reflective too!

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Just to be clear, I rolled it out horizontally around the room....th second layer about 3 feet up from there

could always use rigid foam insulation Easy to install..it has a reflective foil side 4x8 sheets, different thicknesses. tape the joints with foil duct tape and its a good sound barrier as well as insulator.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X