Help dwc setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help dwc setup

Don’t know what this is but took top off of dwc today to change out water and found this
    it is white color at the bottom of res wasn’t gritty just there
    First grow
    2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
    soil fox farms happy frog 30% perlite added
    2 sweet tooth autos in dwc
    4 greengo 1200w led
    general hydroponics flora trio nutes
    grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
    490cfm exhaust

Looks like some of the nutes may have precipitated out of solution. Make sure you mix multi-part systems in the correct order to prevent this.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Nutes are general hydroponic trio
      mix micro first grow second bloom third cal mag forth and Hydroguard last
      or is there a different order and I wait about 5 minutes after each to add next
      First grow
      2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
      4 greengo 1200w led
      grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
      490cfm exhaust

Comment

If i may correct you there on the order of mixing nutrients.... I use the GHE Flora trio as well.

pH water first to around 5.5 (i adjust to around 5.8 before adding nutes)
        then add nutes.

1 - Silicon (if used, add silicon first, then pH to 5.5-5.8 ; Si acts a strong pH up)
        2 - CalMag
        3 - Micro
        4 - Gro
        5 - Bloom.

you could stir the water for a little after adding each before adding the next.

Attached a PDF from GH... notice the note left of 'create your own feedchart'.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by FlyingDutchPaddy; 11-09-2019, 04:23 AM. Reason: correction: pH water after adding Si but before adding the other nutes
        GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
        2x CDMH 315W lights
        870m3/hr fan
        8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Depending on the size of the res you mix up in, you can use an airline and stone. I saw one guy (commercial grower, mixing up 100L) use a submersible pump as a mixer

I also use the GH trio, but I dont see white in the res. On the outside, sure (spilled nutes dry and leave salt stains)

I do get sediments (I blame the micro, it always seems gritty)

And ya, change your order of nutes, like FDP mentioned

Comment

I do 5 gallons in mine, I add some water nutes ph adjust (I know about how much it takes now) shake it up then add rest of water using kitchen sink sprayer shake final ph adjustment. I have no issue with nutes coming out in res.

Comment

I had read a long time ago that the bacteria in Hydroguard May cause this... had some precipitate in the reservoir but just kept the weekly change going to refresh the reservoir. Never created any issues. I did use an air stone to agitate the water mix, it does a nice job of stirring

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              This is the second year I have used hydroguard, first year to use GH products, I have not seen the precipitation at all. I have also read the same thing while doing research on a red scum I had on the bottom.
              Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 11-09-2019, 01:04 PM. Reason: Stoned this morning

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve had the red scum once, only lasted a week and never came back after a reservoir change

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              I had it for about two changes, have not ideal what created it or why it went away. Only variable that changed was water temp, I did lower the heaters down below 70 and the issue when away.

Thanks everyone definitely will change my order and might look at the air stone for mixing
            First grow
            4 greengo 1200w led
            grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
            490cfm exhaust

Comment

i'm also using 2 other things that i've not mentioned above.

Fulvic acid and seaweed/kelp extract.

typically when i do a water change, i do nutrients in this order.

Silicon
              --> pH water to 5.7ish
              Fulvic acid
              seaweed/kelp extract
              calmag
              micro
              gro
              bloom

fulvic is like a helping hand to transport the elements into the plant
              seaweed has beneficial amino acids

i've seen before that when i've pH'ed water and mixed in nutes... adding a drop or 2 of Si will cause precipitation... (calcium)

PDF attached is where GH mentions: pH water to 5.5 first.
              Attached Files
              GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
              2x CDMH 315W lights
              870m3/hr fan
              8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X