Fan/Filter inside tent OR outside tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan/Filter inside tent OR outside tent?

Hey all, was at the grow store today and they had some display tent's set up. 2 of them had fan/filter combos outside tent sitting on the ground with flex pipe up to a vent(sucking air out and pushing it thru the filter). The sales person said lots of growers do it this way.? Anyone here do it this way?? Would be great for me..extra room in the tent.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

I've run it outside and everything was just fine.

Comment

It's really personal preference but you can do it either way. I've done both and they work the same. Only reason I put it outside was because I didn't want light leaking through my reflector hood since the ventilation hooked directly to it. When I did have it outside the tent I just threw it right on top of my tent so it didn't clutter my floor. Hoping that helps a little.

Comment

i have my exhaust fan inside the tent and filter outside hanging from he floor joists...no room for the filter inside the tent...works fine

Comment

Out helps keep grow tent temperature stable and gives you more room for plants.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Mine are both inside but I would prefer more head room, may rework it after my current grow but since mine vents into an area of our attic with no power I’ll need to add an outlet for the fan
            4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

I always ran mine outside the tent.
              The fan motor made the tent get hotter than I wanted it to be, so moved it outside the tent and temps went back to where I wanted them to be.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Outside it is....It'll give me more room and look cleaner with no ducting in there.
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X