My first Tincture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Tincture

This is what 1/2 oz. of Sour Diesel looks like made into Tincture. I followed GWE instructions and used the Green Dragon method and shook the jar for 1 hour to speed up the process. The thing that took the longest was filtering it through the coffee filters. Took about 2 hours. Those are 1oz. Dropper Jars.

Easy way I found was to put a funnel into a clean jar, put a coffee filter in it and fill up the filter. Drips right through for a while and then it slows down. I usually replace it with a new filter when it does. Cuts time drastically I feel like

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. The thing I'm not sure off yet is the dosage. Can you advise me on that? I would be considered a heavy smoker. So I'm not sure about Tincture.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      kingfish
      Take 2 to 3 drops under your tongue the first time and give it a hour, if you didn't fall asleep you need more.
      I can take about 1/4 to half the dropper filled for bedtime. The colder you can keep that as you work it the stronger it will be.

Congrats, I love me tincture.

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley, I don't want to fall asleep. But I will take your advise and put it in the fridge. Thanks

I usually heat mine down to oil from that but my next time I plan on having a lot more so I'll be keeping some tincture as well. I've always heard start light but I'm a heavy smoker as well. I'd probably recommend a half to full dropper to start and wait a few and just go from there. Me personally, I like to for sure feel my high the first time so I'd probably go full. Hope that helps a little

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, that gives me a start.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any time

If you want to get rid of the chlorophyll i've read you can leave it in the sun for an hour or two (not hot sunlight, but sunlight breaks down chlorophyll). It should go from a green color to a browner color.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew sunlight would do it but wasnt sure it grow lights would work as effectively. Now i know!

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasn't sure either but I decided to try it on my last batch and it worked pretty well.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Why is the long-soak or full extraction in the freezer method of making tincture called Green Dragon? Precisely because you don't do a quick wash just for infusing trichomes. That will result in a yellow liquid which can be used for making vapeable or smokeable concentrates. However, I'm convinced by my last batch of tincture, which sat in the freezer for 3 months and is a very deep green color, that a long soak produces a much stronger tincture. The chlorophyll and whatever other plant matter that got infused doesn't bother me at all. The greener, the better for tincture.
      Last edited by alltatup; 11-08-2019, 10:53 PM.

I tried my tincture for the first time and I must say it will become one of my favorite. It took about 30 minutes to get a buzz. It is totally different then smoking. A complete body high. I have to do a better job on decarboxelating, However it's not that I ruined it. Also I have to find my doseage. I started with 3/4 of the dropper. I like it.

Comment

Did you use everclear? I did everclear and it burned the shit out of my tongue. Now I use vg or cook the alcohol out.

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I used 190 proof Everclear and you're right. It does have a bite.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I put a dropperful in some almond milk or juice and swig it down. I can't take the straight Everclear.

I use everclear to extract then I add coconut oil and evaporate out all the everclear.

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        What does the coconut oil do?

• Formernuke
        Formernuke commented
        Editing a comment
        It becomes the medium for the cannabis so it's still in liquid form instead of being rso.

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Got ya. Thanks Formernuke

Be careful if you boil it down to almost the consistency of melted Carmel. A rice size grain will lay you out for 4 hours. Even for the heaviest of smokers.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Do you have to decarboxilize weed if you make salve or ointment?

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          I do it just like making butter but use coconut oil.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes......

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks.

I'm having trouble getting my head around a question that may have an obvious answer but here goes: i understand that I can use the residue to make a tincture after I vape my bud at 220 degrees but if I'm getting a buzz from vaping (i.e. from burning up the THC) then why is there THC left in the residue I would then presumably use for the tincture? Can anyone enlighten me?

Comment

Not completely sure about the vaping leftovers but I assume not all the THC or other compounds are fully used when vaping it. I vape at 220 as well. Seems to be the best temp for me.
          I have saved about a 1/4 oz of vaped weed in the freezer in an airtight bag to add to the tincture mix.
          Have my everclear and will find some dropper bottles soon. Then wait for my current grow to finish. With lots to choose from making tincture will in interesting and fun.
          Both my wife and I will enjoy not having to smoke it all the time to get the effects required...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X