Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbee seeking help about when to harvest (have macro picture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbee seeking help about when to harvest (have macro picture)

Hi, I have grown my first plant as an experiment, so I'm new to it all. Will somebody give their opinion about how close I'm am to harvesting the plant. The picture have high resolution, so I hope you guys can tell by zooming in. It smells sveet.

Hi herle, It's nowhere near ready to harvest. Take a look at these pictures to see how the buds should look: https://www.growweedeasy.com/ready-for-harvest-pictures

We just had a discussion about this here: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...are-my-pistils
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks, alltatup. Perhaps I'll post again when I think it's close to harvest (based on your links)

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        herle You're welcome. You can't read too much over on GWE if you want to grow powerful bud; you gotta know what you're doing. I've been growing for a little over 3 years, and so I've seen the process over and over, I know what to look for and when to look for it. I also read just about everything on GWE that would help me know what I was doing with a hydroponic setup.

Good luck to you!!! ;-}

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        As ATU says... read and re-read. I have read more at this age then all of my years in elementary school, high school, college and grad school. Of course I thank my first grade nun who taught me how to read. Blame her I guess?

Seriously though, as you delve deeper you begin to connect the dots that have value in others areas of life, like making hash, concentrates and social security !😂

Welcome to the band.... good luck also

Farmall No I don't dig up my dahlias! Welcome to GWE herle It's very consuming hobby LOL have fun, don't get frustrated we all begin this way.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
        OlderNOTwiser commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal Very different Dahlia worlds we inhabit! Mine are up and bagged and ready for winter.

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Shit... hope we don’t get a freeze soon...theyre still blooming

And they look nice. Click image for larger version

Name:	85555C3E-732E-4BAD-86FB-28D1E7AE960E.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	346235Click image for larger version

Name:	E1E315F1-DEA2-4565-976A-A63E2947A34F.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	346236Click image for larger version

Name:	A0529483-0D1F-45A3-BF77-96F72C16AEB3.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	346237Click image for larger version

Name:	A4C80C99-9757-413A-8230-6E66D7FB5085.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	346238

Threw in a surprise tomato to see if you’re paying attention !

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        beautiful!! and i want a toasted tomato sandwich now....! no damn tomatoes..!

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Awww memories of just a few days ago mine were blooming like that. Fall is the best time for dahlias bloom. Mine froze just slime stalks and tomatoes all dead. Way early freeze here. I have the upper left and the peach colors plus reds and yellows. Just beautiful, I use to dig the turbers but last few years left them in the ground. I'm taking my chances I know, lost a few to rot but not many, they multiply quick. Damn to have a garden tomato right now. Thanks for posting.

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal you got me thinking when you said freeze so I went out an cut every flower in bloom. Today, 5 more buds opened up and they all look great but it will be short lived. In a few more days, I may be posting photos of slimey stems as well 😉

Farmall Yes I put my beanie on went out in the shaded area now no sun there till next spring and cut down all the slimy stalks from the dahlia bed filled 2 wheelbarrels i'm watching a big whitetail doe munching on the pile now through the window.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal we live thousands of miles apart but it seems like we’re next door to one another. Deer are a problem. The dogs are border collies and will not let them eat EVERYTHING any more. But occasionally they’re asleep on the job ... Freeze came but miraculously, everything still doing ok

herle That's an exceptional pic. What camera, and lens are you using?

Comment

• herle
        herle commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, I used a canon 5D mk 4 with a canon ef 100mm macro lens.

Morning herle those cloudy trichs may have amber by now how are they looking today? Excellent zoom pic are you done flushing?

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

So I waited...and one of them is almost dead and have no smell anymore. The other one is a bit better and still have a little smell. The leaves have gone brown.

Maybe they didn't get enough sunlight and water? It's very cold and dark this time of the year, so conditions are harsh without equipment.

What would you recommend now?

Comment

help me, please

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm real sorry herle why don't you just cut and trim and hang to dry.

• herle
            herle commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, I thought so as well a bit after my last comment, so I went to work on the darkest one. It doesn't look so bad as I had feared when the leaves are cut away. I almost haven't used any fertilizers products at all, so they are almost already dried. (and I've read somewhere that it's only when using fertilizers you need to flush) It's like a have skipped a step because of this...but they aren't that big...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X