Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 'topping'

Hey all.

I personally love topping. Slows chicks vertical growth and adds new limbs. Is there a limit? Can excess topping hurt the plant some how? Say I topped everything, constantly. Until my plant was about 1.5meters. Would it be too much pain?

No limit but it will slow down your plant's growth.

Comment

I try to top mine so that the plant has 8 main stems and flower from there.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I can achieve plants that cover a Sq meter+ by topping once, using LST, tie downs, nets, and supercropping. I have topped plants multiple times and have found it to be most efficient to top only once and train as to not slow down the plant a second time in veg. There really is no limit on topping but at a point it seems you get more buds that are smaller instead of less buds that are larger, this is why 6 to 16 main colas is so popular.
        There is a fine balance for Optimum training per phenotype and strain on indoor grows and alot of it will all come down to how much time and space you have to grow and your scheduling needs.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well said Mr. Furley , I topped mine all the way to August First and the result was massive flat topped plants , but so far the yield is not what I thought it was going to be . Now I started my plants in Feb.so I would have plenty of time to top and let them recover , I have one plant that I tried to flux but did not do correctly ,Im going to note the yield on it and regrow a new plant with 8 kolas and one with 16 because I have great nugs but not foot long kolas

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll top twice. Use my trellis, super crop. 8to16 colas sounds great.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X