Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way to Disinfect Grow Tent/Room Between Grows Against WPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way to Disinfect Grow Tent/Room Between Grows Against WPM?

I've read plenty of this forum and the internet, just curious if there are any silver bullets. Doesn't sound like it. Pretty sure a clone I got came with it and now it's surfacing in my grow. Green Cure has worked but burned pistils a bit. Once these two are done I need to attempt to clean the whole room. I can attempt to spray/ wipe everything down with some sort of peroxide/water combo, or baking soda/water, bleach/water, lysol wipes, whatever it may be but that can't be enough. My grow tent is in a guest room with hardwood floors and almost never used. I've read temps above 90 for an hour or two can kill it and thinking I could try baking it out. UVC seems like it could work too. Prefer not to use sulfur.

Has anyone has success with extreme high temps or UVC to thoroughly clean? I'll have to do preventative on any plants going forward I'm sure.
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

I had the same problem - after the last grow, I took everything out of my tent, wiped everything down with Lysol - cleaned the tent with Lysol then when I was done, closed it up and turned my fan on high to suck out any loose airborne spores. So far so good.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• WizardsNThings
      WizardsNThings commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you do anything special when you harvested to avoid contamination when drying / curing?

Spores are everywhere. Even if you clean the grow room into hospital room status, spores will eventually find their way back in. You need to eliminate the conditions that cause the spores to open. There needs to be more wind in your grow room. Fan blowing over the tops of plants, plus extraction fan sucking everything out. Increase the wind speeds if you have all of these. You may need a dehumidifier to control humidity if that is an issue where you grow.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Increase fan speeds and spread the plants out so that they have plenty of room and leaves are not touching each other. Bunching branches too close together will also cause high humidity where leaves touch and spores will begin to open.

• WizardsNThings
      WizardsNThings commented
      Editing a comment
      They are apart and not touching. I'll turn up the inline exhaust, the others are on max. Will I need to wash the bud before drying/curing? Haven't had this issue before. I wiped them down with a paper towel yesterday and sprayed a bit. It was only on the leaves.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spraying a bunch can make the situation worse. I never spray buds directly. You can make a hydrogen peroxide mix and spray WPM directly on the affected leaves.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X