Its harvest time a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its harvest time a few questions

I read through the tutorial. My understanding is that I cut the stems and remove the leaves and then hang the stems with the fans blowing and the light off inside the tent.

The leaves with tricomes I want to use, what do I do with them? Leave them on to dry with the flowers or cut them off as well, if I cut them how do I dry them out?

I understand it to be a personal thing. I cut wet only because someone, somewhere else said that was the way to go. Any fan that isn't directly attached to the bud comes off. Then the sugar leaves. Fans get tossed (personal preference) and the sugar leaves get put on parchment paper in my off oven until they dry. Which they do faster than buds.
    Depending on the job I did at first and bud shrinkage, I might give one more light trim to remove sugar leaves that have popped out. That's another personal preference.
    Circulate air but don't put a fan directly on your drying flowers. Direct fan air will dry the outside crispy while the inside stays wet. A tent is great unless you are already working on your next grow. The counter below my drying hangers wound up with lots of little crystals that fell off the flowers. That let me know not to touch or move anything any more than absolutely necessary.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I put my leaves with trichomes in a jar then in the freezer.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I put all my cuttings in a ziplock bag and put in freezer. I usually make bubble hash or ISO quick wash out of it.

Some people wet trim while some dry trim. I prefer to wet trim, though i may try dry trimming one of my plants this time just to see the difference. The more you remove from the plant before it dries the shorter your drying time will be. Thats why buds left on the stem dry slower than buds cut from the stem. I never want my buds to dry out too fast so i leave them on the stem and remove the fan leaves. Sometimes i'll go ahead and get the sugar leaves, or i'll leave it a few days to dry a bit then cut the sugar leaves. It's more about preference at this point.
        Last edited by Tersky; 10-28-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X