Need cheap efficient quiet fan filter combo please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need cheap efficient quiet fan filter combo please

I'm looking for just that, I bought a 20$ vivosun 8 inch fan but it's super loud. I'm willing to spend more than 20, was just testing the waters. Need a fairly cheap quiet efficient fan/filter combo please?!

I found the cheap ones are too loud but did get a refund from Vivosun. Bought a Hurricane and have had zero problems running max for six months 24x7.
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

I also use a Hurricane, the thing has been on for 12 months with only a few days off. Not sure that is the quietest thing around, but it's doing the job and then some for my 3x3 grow tent needs.

Comment

If the fan is too loud, you can build a sound proof box and operate it inside that.
        they also make duct mufflers to silence the sound of the air swishing around inside the ducting.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I've had my Vortex S-Line 6" fan for about 5yrs now. Most impressive thing about it is how quiet it runs. Not the cheapest at the time, $200 for the fan/filter combo, but it is quiet.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Same for my Cloudline T-6 series.... you can also add insulated flexible ducting if you go with the sound box...the effects are cumulative

Comment

Thanks all for taking the time to respond. I will diy a sound proof box. Or as sound proof as I can. Also look into mufflers. Next grow I'll opt for a much more expensive one. I ordered the ducting yesterday. I hope it's insulated, lol.

Comment

Nice, i wonder what he they put in the box, in-between it and the fan. I guess you could put just about anything as long as it's like a fabric.

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s sound proofing material. Like the kind on a wall of a music studio.

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                eBay.... several grades, buy the cheap one. Would be very adequate AND, if you find some camping mattress stuff it’s called egg crate foam and they have in in compressed rolls the size of an air mattress. That could be even cheaper

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-C...dDbGljaz10cnVl what do you guys think about this in a 4x4? Upon further investigation I've increased my budget dramatically.

Comment

I just bought the T6. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FP...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Nofriends1 well. That is an increase in budget... BUT, you’re gonna love it... by the time you would buy plywood, sound foam and other parts, the cost would probably be equal or more!

Comment

Farmall good to hear , can't wait to install it. I'm gonna duct it about 4ft through my window where I'll be installing a window duct kit.

Comment

Nofriends1 remember to minimize the amount of bends and turns if you can. Will you be using a carbon filter ?

Comment

No carbon filter. Atleast not yet.

Comment

Looks like an easy add if you find you need one. Just realize that right now, you can get to thinks without brushing through the plant forest. If you decide you’re going to add it after 7-8 weeks, you’ve got all that growth to contend with. It, empty the tent . Frankly, I don’t need one but it does such a good job scrubbing the ‘scent and aroma’ of the buds out of the effluent air

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X