From Kief to Hash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Kief to Hash...

Making Afghan hash for the winter. Got 26 grams so far.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Farmbuck I would like to know how you do yours if I may ask? I use the kief from my coffee bean grinder that's only used for grinding bud for rolling joints. I scrape the lid with a knife and just compress it within a piece of plastic wrap to the size I want for smoking in a pipe, I make little balls then store them in tubes I've got from buy doobies in the past from dispensary. What's your way?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

What do you use to compress into a block?

Comment

thats some nice quality hash, i bet it bubbles and melts

Comment

Ok Guys !! It's very simple !!

1. First I use strains like Afghan & Lebanese or Nepal for my hash, it's my personal choice lolll but use the strain you like.

2. Then I let it cure for a few weeks.

3. After severals weeks of curing I put it in a freezer for a few days to freeze the hell out of the trichomes (need to separate the trichomes from the flower) I only use flowers for top quality hash well for me anyway.

4. After I use a sifter box from Ryot to collect my kief.

5. To make my hash I use very hot water (like they do in the middle east) or hot tea to make a kind of paste and I compress it by hand to remove the excess of water (rolling into a ball) after I use a parchment paper to compress (all by hand) even more to create a block of hash just like my pic.

6. Finally I let it dry for severals days before storing it in a Mason jar and once in a while I let it "burp" like we do for buds. Storage should be in a cold dry room from what an old expert told me.

They say if properly store you could keep hash for at least 10 or more years. I've got some from 5 years ago and it still potent.

Hope that give a bit of an inside to how to make hash my way.

for a sifter box here is the website : https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1...eb_19823999011

Happy hashing guys !!

FarmBuck
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Mazzariman
            Mazzariman commented
            Editing a comment
            Howdy FarmBuck. Would you recommend the 4x7 or 7x7 box? Why is there a divider in the 7x7 box? Just curious. I've never used something like this before. Thanks!

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Mazzariman

I use the 4x7 Ryot box and thinking of getting the 7x7 for more kief. As for the divider this video will explain it's use.

• Mazzariman
            Mazzariman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks much! Looks like the 7x7 will be fine.

Thank you sir. trying this
          If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            You are most welcome!!

I have ordered some bubbledude bags and am going to start with dry ice, then ice /water wash and after that probably dry shake kief.
          Weighed my trim and have over 2 lbs frozen. Should be good for a start. lol
          Not to mention about a dozen quarts of bud.
          So many ways to make hash and store it like temple balls, bricks, compressed puks etc.
          The journey begins.
          Thanks for the inspiration Farmbuck.

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Well thank you friend ..! Keep us post in your new adventure @JohnEma. Once you try your own you will never go back to others.

So I have 1/2 of kief you think it enough?? I will say the trim I dried first prior to freezing produced way better amount of kief . Trim bin was a great gift! gonna give this a try

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            How much kief do you have in gram or ounce ? Dieselgrower

I believe the ratio is 10 to 1. 10 grams of buds to 1 gram of hash.
            Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-12-2021, 12:11 PM.

• Dieselgrower
            Dieselgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            i have around 14 grams of kief....ive been sampling too much

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok guess it will be 10 -14 grams of hash Diesel

can I ask how hot is hot water? maybe Im doing something wrong, I tried through the coffee maker and on the stove top. It did somewhat come together but I'm not really get the consistency I see in the videos? I rolled for an hr or so and tried my vise. Its in a ball but and pressure and it just crumbles? I almost tried the wifes hair iron

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to use a long cylinder jar instead. I try once with a mason and I failed. enough that the kief is fully cover but not overwater. Press it a several times to remove the excess of water, roll it in your palm of your hand to make little ball. I know it's not easy at the beginning but you will find the consistency you want.
            Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM.

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            How pure is your kief ?

• Dieselgrower
            Dieselgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks for the help first off farmbuck, im starting to think its the mason jar. kief I got from my trim bin from the dried cola and trim, this is very new to me.

so I ended up sprinkling so water droplets onto and and used the hot pot of water. seemed to have worked better @ least its workable. still a little soft but im assuming itll harden over the cure. thanks for the help farmbuck

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Remember it need to dry up to be able to harden.... Dieselgrower & SoOrbudgal "harden" is that a proper word ?? Remember I'm French-Canadian lollllll

• Dieselgrower
            Dieselgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            i may try to compress it some more if it stays soft. i do plan to cure for a 3+ weeks

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to compress while it's still moist Dieselgrower

will do, it was soft today when I looked at it.

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Remember it take a few days before the water evaporate...

I use the dry ice method to separate the resin from the trim (I usually get about an 8:1 yield). Then I press the resin into pucks with a stainless sleeve press that you whack with a rubber mallet. You can stop there if you smoke with a pipe. However, I prefer to smoke using the pin and glass method and the raw pressed kief is a little too crumbly for that. So I add a little heat and pressure to my pucks with a clothing iron. I set the iron on its lowest heat setting. I wrap the pucks in parchment paper and place that inside a damp wash rag then iron with firm pressure for a few minutes. This firms the hash up so you can stick it on the pin without it breaking. Up until now I have only done this with trim. One of these days I going to try it with flower.
          2'X4' Nursery tent with Mars Hydro SP150 LED
          5'X5' Grow tent with 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LEDs
          Fox Farm soil and nutes
          Rain water

Comment

• Anansi
            Anansi commented
            Editing a comment
            Idea: When making hash with the whole flower, you won't have to trim.

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep for my best hash is what I used and I let cure for months.

Here’s some of my last batch of bubble hash. Been curing for about 3 1/2 months and just keeps getting better and better!

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Kool..!

was just over 8 grams. i may heat again slightly and squeeze it once more. but still a nice block of hash

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice !! With some practices you will be as good as Frenchy Cannoli hey ?

• Dieselgrower
            Dieselgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks man and i had to look him up but now I got some reading material...very cool

Farmbuck NICE! Time to study, thank you for finding this thread
          Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            You are most welcome !!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X